Blocked Email Attachments

kencarse said:
Was there any solution to this as I have the problem - mail just does
include attachments?
Ken
If it does include attachments, what's your problem if any?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

davidjchuang said:
Giselle, are those attachments you were supposed to receive but did not
came from Yahool ?

If the mail was sent from Outlook using Outlook's RTF format then Outlook
Express will never find the attachment. Outlook Express does not understand
Outlook's RTF format. Ask the Outlook user to please use Plain Text,
especially when sending attachments.

Steve Cochran

Check the message headers (CTRL-F3) and see if its still RTF. Some
organizations have their Exchange server set to override the format of the
user and to use only a given format, such as RTF. So see if the message was
sent in HTML rather than RTF or not.

steve

Mandie

Ok so I have reviewed all these posts and I'm lost. I am currenty
experiencing the same problem. Some - very few - attachments are coming
through. Most are not. What was the solution?

Gary VanderMolen

You need to answer some diagnostic questions.
When you view the message in your online webmail, is the attachment visible there?
Are the missing attachments all coming from the same few senders,
who are sending with Microsoft Outlook?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Mandie" wrote in message
Ok so I have reviewed all these posts and I'm lost. I am currenty
experiencing the same problem. Some - very few - attachments are coming
through. Most are not. What was the solution?

Peter Foldes

Mandie

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM passed away last year. RIP.

Now to your issue.

(1) Disable you Anti Virus email scanning by uninstalling your AV and then
re-installing it without the email integration(scanning) option
(2)Are these attachment being sent in the RTF formatted email
(3) http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

Since you did not include details then try the above and let us know

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Andreas baier

Mandie said:
Ok so I have reviewed all these posts and I'm lost. I am currenty
experiencing the same problem. Some - very few - attachments are coming
through. Most are not. What was the solution?

R. C. White

Hi, BD.

Frank Saunders deserves much credit for his many posts here and elsewhere,
helping users for years. His posts are still available in archives, and in
occasional quotes in current messages. I was impressed and proud of Frank's
dedication as he continued to post help here almost to the day he died.

But the page you referred to lists only current MVPs. And, as reported, our
MVP Frank is one of many friends and colleagues who are no longer with us.
I miss him.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"~BD~" wrote in message
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

He doesn't warrant a mention here though! :(

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx?name=Frank+Saunders

Steve Cochran

Many of us do.

steve