BF2142 Problem

Reaction score
Hey,

Any time i try and install this game its starts to install, it gets as far as to finsih laoding the install shield then cuts out of the installation with no error message. Also its not the disk as i tried another one. Any help appreciated!!

Inca :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which operating system are you using? If it is Vista, did you run using Administrator permissions? (Right click, "run as administrator").

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
So there installsheild loads but the actual installation doesnt start?

Reaction score
yeah . Install shield loads up full then a blue screen blinks and then the installation cancels !! BTW not vista using XP .

Reaction score
still aint workin tryed changing the disk drive to E\ which helped install a different game but im still unable to install BF 2142 !!

Reaction score
Have you tried copying all the data files from the disc into your C:\ drive and running the install from there?

Reaction score
Still aint workin i am wanderin if my drivers arnt workin ! Also it dosent show an error message it just blanks right out !

Thx for help so far !

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
ok try this

go into system properties (windows key + pause/break key)...........select advanced tab.............select error reporting bottom right....select enable error reporting....tick windows and programs and click ok twice.....
try to install bf2142 and tell if you see an error code

Reaction score
Or you could try going into,

control panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative tools > event viewer > systems tab

and seeing if there is any errors from there.

Good luck! :)

Reaction score
' The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.' This is one of the error message Micheal do u know what it mean. Pikakilla i also ttried ur way but didnt work !

inca :)

Reaction score
okay, have you tried disabling/enabling it and running the installer?

if your in XP,

start > run > (type msconfig into the run box) > services tab and tick the "hide all microsoft services" box to make it easier to find IMAPI CD-Burning COM.

good luck! :D

Reaction score
Ryt i have done that what now ! I am still not recieving any error messages it justs cancels the installation striaght away !

Reaction score
pikakilla said:
what a/v do you use?

try turning it off to install

yeah i think battlefield 2142 has that controversial software that acts as ad-aware or something. try turning off any firewalls as well remembering to turn them back on afterwards :D.

Reaction score
Guys use have been most helpful very much aprecciated. But im afraid to say still no joy. My PC recently blue screened and wiped everything from the hardrive i was wanderin oif the pc might have deleted the instaltion files needed to install stuff. ?

Reaction score
Well guys it finaly installed, thanks so much for ur time and helpful advice. I installed it on my dads Laptop and then copied onto my external hardrive then recopied all the installed files onto my PC which means it is working so thanku both u have been most helpful !

Inca :):D

Ask a Question