Battlefield: Bad Company 2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tell you what flops, as a gamer than has played many hours on this. Its good now, but the above patch should make it a much better gaming experience.

That is most of the annoying bugs that they are getting rid of, I'm very interested in what weapon tweaks have been done. Some are way to powerful! Like the M60 or the Gustav's Splash damage.

Reaction score
might have missed it but i don't see a fix for that annoying dot.Wonder if they can even fix that

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, i know but tbh, one pixel in the corner out of however many on a 24" monitor and i dont notice it...

"Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
"New server Browser"
"We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed."

That is the best bits IMO...

Reaction score
well got the update installed played for a few minutes and my computer hard locked and i mean hard locked had to press the reset button,never have i had to do that before on this rig..no other game has even so much as stuttered for me...modern warfare 1 and 2, crysis warhead,left for dead,fallout ,just cause 2 and so on play great..this game before the update played alright locked up on me once,but control alt delete got me out..i'm officially done with this crap game..yes i know alot of people run it fine,but theres alot that don't..and to think this update actually broke it worse for me...geeez maybe it's time to return to the consoles,ya it looks prettier on the pc but it seems more and more it's become a crap shoot..And i'm tired of crossing my fingers.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Weapon Balance Changes

As requested by the community, here is the exhaustive all inclusive changelist of all balance updates made in the R10 Server update for PC.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

These changes will eventually make their way to the 360 and PS3 as we work with our partners Microsoft and Sony to continue to support BFBC2 on all platforms.
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Gossamer's Config Launcher v3.00 Released

This tool is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocuments\BFBC2. What this application does is load all your settings in and allows you to change them all, save them directly back to the settings.ini file then directly launch your game.

handy tool to have this. :)

http://www.fileplanet.com/210430/21...ad-Company-2---Gossamer's-BC2-Config-Launcher

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Client R8 / Server R12 are in QA

The next release of the game client is currently in QA.

We will perform another synchronized client/server update. It is expected to take place early next week.

The client update will be roughly 500MB in size.

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - all settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, V_R! :) I bought this a few days ago, but I keep getting crashes after a very early level. The early Jeep chase level ends, then I get a white screen for a moment then a crash to desktop... hopefully this patch will sort it :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh thats not good. Do you have the latest Drivers for your vid card?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, latest drivers (tried rolling back too), tried running at stock speeds to and that still doesnt' change things. It's strange, as it's the first problem like this I've had for years. I've been so busy this past week that I've not had time to play the game much anyway, but I'll have a look at the log files this weekend to see if anything crops up.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah i see, well with each patch the game gets better and better, so hopefully this will fix that for you. I know your not the only one to suffer, have seen a good few on the EA forums complaining about the 'grey screen of death'

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes

They sound promising. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I deffo not buying this game now, lol, too many folk having probs and my machine 3.5 years old now - too risky.

Maybe when issues sorted (if they ever are) or it comes down to 15 quid.

Having said that - good luck Ian, I hope the new drivers sort things out for you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not got the new patch as far as I'm aware, but the game now works for some reason! :D Not sure what did the trick, but I'm running the same driver versions and still overclocked. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ha ha how random! Glad its working though! :D

Patch is due this week, but no date yet. Unless it is/was this morning? My monies on Wednesday. :)

Flops: Dont be put off by the issues that some are having, sure there are a few going round, but its a really good game, especially the MP, and as i said, with each patch it gets better and better. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R just messaged me on Steam about this and I have just ordered it :)

I chose free postage which is 3 - 5 working days delivery but I'm kinda looking forward to this now.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just arrived, together with another Capatin Beefheart book I ordered :)

Have to go out for a bit now but will try this here game laters and give verdict.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good stuff, hope it all runs ok for you Mr F. :)

Ask a Question