Backup Software

K

Ken Burgess

I have an HP Pavilion with the XP sw set, and found that it does not have
any backup software included either with XP or anywhere on the SW CD's.
Does XP have any backup capability, and if so, where can I get it. It is
not on the MS downloads in obvious places.

Thanks, ken.

G

If you are serious about 'backups' then may I suggest that there is a better and more efficient method.

One should buy Norton Gost, using this one can create an 'image' file. In short a full, compressed, version of your existing HDD, complete with Operating System, Applications and Data. It also creates a bootable floppy disk to enable a DOS based backup or restore function to work.

This image file can be created on a partition on your existing HDD or another HDD [internal or external].

Should the unthinkable happen, then one can use this image file and 'restore' the total system configuration. All in less than 1 hour.

The Windows XP backup can only work for restoring data after one has a running operating system.

I use this to create full backup of servers and desktops in a small office environment where they cannot afford to buy a fully automated solution which involves separate server and disk subsystems..

Ask a Question