Windows XP AUTOEXNT on win2k3

Reaction score
Hi everybody I am new here lurking for a while and now I would like to ask a question.

I am using win2k3 sever at work and we are having a little trouble running a batch file with autoexnt, on NT it worked fine but now we have migrated to win2003 server and when we try to run the .bat we are getting an error about invalid password so thats where is stops we need to get this running and any info about logon errors using autoexnt on win2003 server would really help me right now.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Thanks for the response can you throw a few crumbs more info ,

I have been looking around and I get an idea it might have something to do with the fact that win2003 demands smb signing by default but we are creating the logon from a dos box ? Would changing the enablesecuritysignature enrty set it to 0 in the reg help me? Its a SMB workaround?

And when you say group policy can you give me a hint more info please.

Reaction score
NT is old and out of date.

Windows 2000/2003 both support Group Policy which is a much more effective way of implementing startup/shutdown & logon/logoff scripts.

Add the script to the default domain GPO and all PC's (2k/2K3) will run the script on logon, obviously the advantage to this is that you can centrally manage the operation.

Reaction score
Thanks again for that info sounds like a good way to start.. yes NT is old and we have now switched to 2003 and thats why I needed a little help ..

Ask a Question