Attachments to email

pahill39

When I receive an email with an attachment ex picture on kodak
easyshare, I am unable to open and get the following message "This
file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel"

When I go to Folder options I cannot find a way toenable me to open
attachments.

I'm new at the computer so please help.

Someone told me to reinstall my Kodak easyshare. I did and was able to
open attachments for a time but now am unable to do so.

Wesley Vogel

Go here...

Windows® XP File Association Fixes
Copyright 2003 - Doug Knox

Read the instructions. Then get...

JPE/JPG/JPEG Association Fix (Restore the default associations for
jpe/jpg/jpeg files)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

pahill39

Shaun said:
What is the file extention of the picture you have been emailed.

"pahill39" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

When I receive an email with an attachment ex picture on kodak
easyshare, I am unable to open and get the following message "This
file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel"

When I go to Folder options I cannot find a way toenable me to open
attachments.

I'm new at the computer so please help.

Someone told me to reinstall my Kodak easyshare. I did and was able
open attachments for a time but now am unable to do so.

The extension is jpg

Ayush

Replied to [pahill39]s message :
The extension is jpg

See [Wesley]s reply. Here is the direct download of fix :
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_jpg_jpe_jpeg_file_assoc_fix.zip

OR you can manually fix it by :
Control Panel > Folder Options
File Types tab > Highlight jpg
Click Advanced button > Highligh open > Click Edit
Make sure this is the text in "Applicatio used to perform box" :
rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1