Anyone need a GMail account?

Jonathan Aquino

noname said:
You still have an extra one? Thank you.

salahoren at yahoo dot com

Hi Salahoren -- I've added you to the queue. I and another person
named Cathe are working to get GMail accounts to people (mostly
alt.comp.freeware people) as soon as we get invites. I'm pretty
excited to be a part of it!

1 Stella
2 Kevin Dangoor
3 Lyon Fuentes Horacio
4 Ben Cooper
5 Ibn Battuta
6 salahoren

Jonathan Aquino

Conor said:
Yes please Jon...

(e-mail address removed) seeing as Hotmail is blocking them.

OK Conor, you're #8 in the queue.

Stella
Kevin
Horacio
Ben
Ibn
salahoren
Clint
Conor

Haggard the Horrendous

Go ahead. Find hundreds or thousands more. It doesn't matter.
No one is forcing anyone to use gmail. If you're scared of using it,
then don't use it.

I don't really care what others use. As long as they're aware that
TANSTAAFL.

Olaf Janson

Haggard said:
I don't really care what others use. As long as they're aware that
TANSTAAFL.

I agree with you, and I'm sure that anyone who cares about such things
will also avoid sending anything sensitive to a gmail user.
However, gmail will certainly have its uses. I will wait until it's
officially available to everyone before I try to get an account, though.

Nadeem

(e-mail address removed) seeing as Hotmail is blocking them.

Conor - Hotmail isn't actively blocking them - they just end up in your junk
mail folder - just look there - that's where my invite ended up (I have my
hotmail set to dump all mail not in my safelist to the junk mail folder)

JohnZing

Jonathan Aquino said the following:
OK my six invites for the day have run out. These people are up next:

can you please put me in your list

(e-mail address removed)

THANK YOU

Jonathan Aquino

JohnZing said:
Jonathan Aquino said the following:

can you please put me in your list

(e-mail address removed)

THANK YOU

I was disappointed not to get any new invites today to give out.
Anyway John, I've added your name to the queue:

DONE BY CATHE - Wilfred
DONE BY CATHE - Joe
Stella
DONE BY JON - Bryn
Kevin
Horacio
Ben
Ibn
salahoren
Clint
Conor
vispi
john

noname

Jonathan said:
Hi Salahoren -- I've added you to the queue. I and another person
named Cathe are working to get GMail accounts to people (mostly
alt.comp.freeware people) as soon as we get invites. I'm pretty
excited to be a part of it!

1 Stella
2 Kevin Dangoor
3 Lyon Fuentes Horacio
4 Ben Cooper
5 Ibn Battuta
6 salahoren

Thank you, Jon.

Sala.

Sparx

| Can I ask a question?
|
| What is the use of a 1GB e-mail account that you can't even read via POP3?
:/

http://jaybe.org/info.htm

THe URL above leads to a program that according to the creator -

Pop Goes the Gmail is a program that sits between the http://gmail.com web
server and your email client, converting messages from web format into POP3
format that a program such as Outlook Express or Thunderbird can understand.

AFAIK, one ca also use it to send email via your GMail account

Sparky

Without ammunition the USAF would be just another expensive flying club.

Jonathan Aquino

I'd love to have one too ^_^

almansouy [at] hotmail.com

Thanx in advance....

Yay! I got 6 more invites today. That means you get one Alman:

=== Cathe's queue ===

Stella
Kevin
Horacio
Ben
Ibn
salahoren

=== Jon's queue ===

DONE - Conor
DONE - vispi
DONE - john
DONE - Russell
DONE - Clint
DONE - alman

Jonathan Aquino

Chaos Master said:
Can I ask a question?

What is the use of a 1GB e-mail account that you can't even read via POP3? :/

[]s

Hi Chaos -- Sounds like you want POP3 access, perhaps for safety (to
keep a backup copy) or because you have a preferred email client.

To tell you the truth, I'm ecstatic about GMail even though it lacks
POP3 access! Reasons: 1GB of mail accessible from anywhere in the
world (home/work/hawaii), threading, instant searching.

Slowly I'm moving off the desktop and onto the web. If someone would
write an online word processor and Java IDE, then I'll finally be free
of the desktop ;-) Firefox will be my OS.

Check out my Firefox sidebar to see all the tools I have collected so
far (text-to-speech is my coolest recent acquisition)
http://www.geocities.com/jonathan_aquino/bookmarks.html

Jon

Ben Cooper

Jonathan said:
(e-mail address removed) (almansoury) wrote in message
I'd love to have one too ^_^

almansouy [at] hotmail.com

Thanx in advance....

Yay! I got 6 more invites today. That means you get one Alman:

=== Cathe's queue ===

Stella
Kevin
Horacio
Ben
Ibn
salahoren

Got mine a little bit ago, thanks again, Cathe. :)

Conor

Jonathan said:
Chaos Master said:
Can I ask a question?

What is the use of a 1GB e-mail account that you can't even read via POP3? :/

[]s

Hi Chaos -- Sounds like you want POP3 access, perhaps for safety (to
keep a backup copy) or because you have a preferred email client.

To tell you the truth, I'm ecstatic about GMail even though it lacks
POP3 access! Reasons: 1GB of mail accessible from anywhere in the
world (home/work/hawaii), threading, instant searching.
Jon,
Have you managed to use GMail with anything other than Internet
Explorer?

OTTOH, it appears there's a plethora of tools to use such as a hotpop
equivalent for GMail.

Jonathan Aquino

I'd love to have one too ^_^

almansouy [at] hotmail.com

Thanx in advance....

OK everyone who's asked for one now has one! Hooray!

=== Cathe's queue ===

Stella - DONE
Kevin - DONE
Horacio - DONE