Outlook add a file to a outlook mail shot

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a mailshot in excel linked to Outlook - works fine but now and again I need to add a file or two (word files) with the mailshot so that each person gets this file with the email,
is this possible?
thanks,

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, conradlea :).

Can you explain a little bit more about the setup please - have you got some VB code in Excel to send your mailshot?

Reaction score
Hi Thansk for your reply,

I did not set it up and have never really used this side of things,
We have the excel file set up and name, job title and email ady,

When we open a word file and start mail merge we pick that excel file and it once written it changes the first name to who ever it corrosponds to using this code -

{ MERGEFIELD First_Name } though I dont understand how that is linked to the excel file as I didnt set it up.

I have tried pasting/pasting-special a file as an icon but when mail merged it is only an icon, we wan to be able to add files to the mail merge pref word docs if this is possible?

I would need pretty basic instructions,

thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forums, conradlea :).

Can you explain a little bit more about the setup please - have you got some VB code in Excel to send your mailshot?

Ask a Question