Ad Nuker Nuked Internet Explorer 6.1

Iolo

Anyone have any suggestions on how to repair Internet Explorer 6 SP1
running on XP SP1 after it has been trashed by Ad Nuker? I installed Ad
Nuker a few days back and IE stopped working (browser screen opens to a
blank page and won't navigate anywhere). I have
- uninstalled Ad Nuker
- reinstalled XP SP1 and IE
- ran sfc /scannow
- made sure nothing was being loaded at startup using msconfig

None of these attempts have worked. IE is trashed. Luckily, Mozilla is
unaffected.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks -

iolo

No, the adnuker that's giving me trouble is at:
http://www.adnuker.com/
It was advertised in download.com and cnet as a pretty good spyware/spam
catcher but it did a number on me.
BTW, I ran Spybot but it didn't find any problems.

Thanks

H Leboeuf

May want to get the expert advice on what has been installed other then your
program.

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#det
Download "Hijack This!" [freeware] or download direct (below):
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

If you get a 404 error or Access denied, try:
http://216.180.252.218/~spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/hijackthis.zip

Unzip, double-click "HijackThis.exe" and Press "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Click: "Save Log" (generates "hijackthis.log")

Next, HijackThis | Config [button] | Misc Tools [button]
Click: Generate StartupList log [button] (generates "startuplist.txt")

Next, go to the below location:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/

Sign in, then copy and paste both files in your message.

HijackThis Quick Start Help
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Iolo

Thanks! These are good ideas.