Activation and Sysprep

Matt P

Hi,

I have XP Pro installed on a PC setup for demonstration
and testing purposes. I will sell the copy of XP Pro
though in the future so I do not want to activate it on
the demo PC. Does anyone know of a way to reset the
activation period? I would run sysprep again, but can't
get passed the activation screen to access the CD.

Cheers,
Matt.

Nicholas

One cannot reset the 30 day activation period unless you
reformat the drive and reinstall Windows XP.

--
Nicholas

| Hi,
|
| I have XP Pro installed on a PC setup for demonstration
| and testing purposes. I will sell the copy of XP Pro
| though in the future so I do not want to activate it on
| the demo PC. Does anyone know of a way to reset the
| activation period? I would run sysprep again, but can't
| get passed the activation screen to access the CD.
|
| Cheers,
| Matt.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Matt,
To reset the Windows Product Activation grace period you need to use
sysprep.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299840
There isn't another way to reset the grace period.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]