Acrobat Reader memory

Terry Russell

»Q« said:

[missing quote indicators added]
Using OE6 it is your posts that come out malformed with incorrect
quotes the solution for me is for you to use OE .

You can see Peter's posts fine. It's only when you try to use OE to
compose a reply that OE screws up the quoting. According to
Microsoft, OE's omission of the quote indicators when replying is a
feature rather than a bug, and they don't intend to fix it.

Ah yes but
The solution always should be searched within the origin!
therefore it must be Peter's problem to fix.

BTW yours is no problem.

Actually the solution within the source could be kinda
zen. I suspect the insistence and denial about quotes are
just a convenient conflict hook, a manifestation of
deeper attitudes.

Meanwhile 15,000 people just died, I think correct quotes
wouldn't have made much difference.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

»Q« said:

[missing quote indicators added]
The solution always should be searched within the origin!

Using OE6 it is your posts that come out malformed with incorrect
quotes the solution for me is for you to use OE .

You can see Peter's posts fine. It's only when you try to use OE to
compose a reply that OE screws up the quoting. According to
Microsoft, OE's omission of the quote indicators when replying is a
feature rather than a bug, and they don't intend to fix it.

Ah yes but
The solution always should be searched within the origin!
therefore it must be Peter's problem to fix.

But there was no problem with Peter's post. I agree that the solution
should be with the software which creates the misformatted posts; in
this case, as in the other one, it's OE.
BTW yours is no problem.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. ;)

John Corliss

Al said:
Shows how much I know about Windows. You're right. I retract all my

1) You can't edit all .doc files in freeware products.

True, but you can't open and edit any .pdf files in any freeware product
that I'm aware of.
2) You can't easily edit all XML files in freeware.

OpenOffice.org opens them fairly well, and also allows you to edit them.
Maybe not all of them, but very few documents (at least the ones that
I'm interested in) are distributed in that format.
3) I thought your complaint was AcroRd opening on a single click

Yes, that's one of my complaints and we seem to have totally gotten off
of that subject. Besides, why should I be limited to only one complaint?
I have others about both Acrobat Reader and the .pdf file format, but
won't go into them here.
not that editing a .pdf costs money (which it doesn't,

I never said that the actual editing costs money. How could it, if you
were the one doing it? What costs money is the program that enables you
to do the editing.
it's just not easy to do it free).

No, it's not just "not easy", it's impossible. If you know of a freeware
that can open .pdf files and edit them, please fill me in on a link to it.
4) There are many file formats you can't edit successfully without a
paid product.

However, they're probably not file formats that are used to distribute
any documents I'm interested in, otherwise I would be able to name one
and I can't.

Look Al, this is going nowhere. I don't even know what point you're
trying to make other than that my points are invalid, and you are doing
a poor job of that. As far as this discussion is concerned, I'm out of here.

OAO.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)

dadiOH

Sietse said:
I'ld think tbat OE-Quotefix should solve the problem, provided you
apply the ISO-8859-1/15 signature fix correctly, making sure to
exactly follow the instructions in the Help file.

Thanks, tried it long ago but it didn't help.

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

dadiOH

dadiOH said:
Thanks, tried it long ago but it didn't help.

--

What *does* apparently help (sort of) is including a <dash dash space>
in the sig file; normally, OE adds it automatically and including it

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Peter Seiler

dadiOH - 20.03.2006 15:01 :
Thanks, tried it long ago but it didn't help.

with this posting your SIG looks ok the first time "-- " :)

I put it in quotation markers to show you:
dadiOH ____________________________ dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and
tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at
http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

Only I can not understand in this posting why both/two SIG-delimiters
are shown?

But within your next reposting to yourself some few 5 minutes later your
SIG-delimiter is faulty again with "--" :-(

BTW: Perfect would be (beside a right SIG-delimiter) if your SIG has
max. 4 lines!

I wish you that you "master" the mentioned little probs one day ;-)

dadiOH

Peter said:
dadiOH - 20.03.2006 15:01 :

with this posting your SIG looks ok the first time "-- " :)

I put it in quotation markers to show you:

Only I can not understand in this posting why both/two SIG-delimiters
are shown?

Because if I write and include a sig, OE automatically adds the
delimiter (but apparently deletes the space when sending); consequently,
the delimiter is not actually what I write for the sig.

In the one you liked, I added the delimiter at the start of the sig
myself. OE then added a *second* one and - as usual - removed the space
before sending; however, the one I had written was correct and
preserved. Consequently, the choices are...
1. Broken (for you) sig
2. Good sig but two delimiters - one broken, the other not.
________________
But within your next reposting to yourself some few 5 minutes later
your SIG-delimiter is faulty again with "--" :-(

Can't answer you, nothing was changed.
_______________
BTW: Perfect would be (beside a right SIG-delimiter) if your SIG has
max. 4 lines!

Count your blessings :)

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Peter Seiler

dadiOH - 20.03.2006 17:02 :

[snipped]

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

as you can see above, both SIG-delimiters are faulty again.

One question is, why/how other OE-users are posting with right
SIG-delimiters, others like you not?

Have you ever tried to get answers/help reading other newsgroups (as I
suggested) or forums or googled for a solution?

All the best to you.

Susan Bugher

Peter said:
as you can see above, both SIG-delimiters are faulty again.

Hi Peter,

Your posts in this thread are not about "Acrobat Reader memory". Please
add the off-topic filter when you change the subject.

TIA

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

What *does* apparently help (sort of) is including a <dash dash
space> in the sig file; normally, OE adds it automatically and
including it results in two sets of <dash dash> one with a space
(the one I wrote) and another without a space (which OE wrote).
The one OE wrote - the first one - is wrong and won't be stripped
but the other should be. You folks like it better this way?

I don't see any posts from you which show what you describe. Your
first one with two sets of dashes, <has a space after each set. In all your subsequent posts with two sets
of dashes, each set is missing the space.

When responding to a post with more than one "-- " line, some clients
will cut at the first occurence and some will cut at the last. There's
no convention for how to handle multiple ones, because there are not
supposed to be multiple ones.

David

What *does* apparently help (sort of) is including a <dash dash space>
in the sig file; normally, OE adds it automatically and including it
results in two sets of <dash dash> one with a space (the one I wrote)
and another without a space (which OE wrote). The one OE wrote - the
first one - is wrong and won't be stripped but the other should be. You
folks like it better this way?

--

Neither set had a space when I read it. Agent stripped the second one
but not the first. What are you using to edit the sigfile? It may be