A unknown error has occurred

janine

caliber1 said:
I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Unknown errors in Windows Mail are often caused by interference from
antivirus programs. What if any antivirus programs do you have?

For a temporary fix, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail
not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.

Unknown errors in Windows Mail are often due to interference from an
antivirus program. What if any antivirus programs do you have?

For a temporary fix, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail
not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.

Annie

Hi Cookie,

Amazing, your solution to my problem really worked. Thanks a million times.
I was really going nuts, thinking how to delete my message.

Cheers. Annie

chumn

caliber1 said:
I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Unknown errors and undeletable messages in Windows Mail are usually due
to interference from an antivirus program. What if any antivirus programs
do
you have?

For a temporary fix, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail
not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
The Vista SP1 update also contains this hotfix, but takes longer to
install.

chumn

caliber1 said:
I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Unknown errors and undeletable files in Windows Mail are usually due to
interference from an antivirus program. What if any antivirus programs do
you have?

For a temporary fix, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail
not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
This hotfix is also available as part of the Vista SP1 update, but that
takes longer to install.

Ken

Thank you so much I did this and it worked.

Bob said:
Hi Cookie,

I had the same problem but stumbled onto a solution.
If you highlight the email that has the error and then go to the button
under search you can select "Hide read messages" and that will get it off
your screen. It doesn't remove it but at least you don't have to look at it
all the time.

From what I have read about this error the only true way of getting rid of
it completely is to try a restore ( didn't work for me ) or try to uninstall
Windows Mail ( didn't work either ) or do another clean install ( my solution
saved me from having to do that )

I hope this helps ?

You both may want to try downloading and installing the hotfix that
usually takes care of any undeletable messages. It's labelled as for
mail stuck in the Outbox, but also works in the other folders.

It doesn't always delete such messages, but it should at least make
it possible for you to do this.

Also unknown errors in Windows Mail are often due to interference
from an antivirus program. You might want to tell us what if any
antivirus programs you have so we can tell you whether one of them
is likely to keep on occasionally causing such problems.

Looks like you may be replying to a rather old message. Make sure
you have downloaded and installed this hotfix, with Windows Mail not
running:

If you aren't sure whether you have a 32-bit version of Vista or a 64-bit
version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first, and if that refuses to
install, then the hotfix for the 64-bit version also.

"how do I fix this problem of deleting" <how do I fix this problem of
deleting @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

rusty

caliber1 said:
I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

In Windows Mail, unknown errors and undeletable messages are often due to
interference from an antivirus program. What if any antivirus programs do
you
have, and have you ever had a Norton or McAfee antivirus program on that
computer?

For a temporary fix, download and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail
not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders.

Dolores

caliber1 said:
I am unable to empty deleted items in windows mail it keeps coming up a
unknown error has occurred. Has any one figured this out yet? Please let me
know it is driving me nuts.

Thanks

In Windows Mail, unknown errors and undeletable messages are often due to
interference from an antivirus program. What is any antivirus programs do