A Christmas Message to all Mesh Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can wait, but not for long. I will check my bank tomorrow to see if anyhing is on the way. Should have known better than to believe that it would have been all done and dusted by now.....stay tuned.

Reaction score
Mesh Computers - a disgrace!

I had the misfortune to buyt a PC from Mesh last August. I have wasted many, many hours as a result of this company's incompetence, laziness and complete lack of integrity.

Within the next day or so I shall post on this site a copy of what will be my last ever letter to Mesh.

However, I have found a much more effective way of responding to them than going directly because they simply do not give a damn about their customers.

I have Microsoft involved because Mesh will not support Windows after 30 days unless you ring a premium rate phone number and that number is always "out of order". I am challenging at the very top why Microsoft will even deal with a company that behaves like this.

I now also have Asus involved. I have had to telephone them in Taiwan and Shanghai to get the support I cannot get from Mesh. They were appalled when I explained the way Mesh do business.

This is a clear case for a popular mass of consumers to rise up and STOP this company's behaviour.

I am considering forming a Mesh Users Group and would urge anybody who wishes to contribute to contact me.

Reaction score
Hi Lovepeaceguru :)

Lovepeaceguru said:
I am considering forming a Mesh Users Group and would urge anybody who wishes to contribute to contact me.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .............. EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there already is one, it is the Mesh Victims Support Group (MVSG) whose objectives are :-
1. To give support and assistance to new Mesh Victims.
2. To ensure details of their nightmares dealing with Mesh Customer Service are brought to the attention of Ms. Paula Anderson, the Brent Trading Standards Officer responsible for trying to keep Mesh in line.

Now that I have got that off my chest, can I give you a warm welcome to this forum :)
You have made a very interesting post about yet another way in which Mesh are failing their customers. At the appropriate time, I suggest you send details of this to Ms. Anderson, her contact details are :-

Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her. It is possible Brent have now joined the "Call Centre" system, but you should still be able to speak to Ms. Anderson.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.

Please note she will be pleased to hear your story, but she will not be able to render you any assistance unless you have first reported your complaint about Mesh to your local Trading Standards office.

Best Wishes,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
MeshVictim! Given what I know you have already endured in life, I apolgise profoundly if you feel I have stepped on your toes!

I am sure we will be able to work together to counter the great tyrant Mesh.

With the greatest of respect, I had not heard of yourgroup and I do spend a lot of time on the net. One of the reasons I was motivated to set up this group was that my business is getting publicity. That's what I'm good at. If you like I'll PM you my telephone number and we can talk??

Reaction score
Hi Lovepeaceguru :)

Lovepeaceguru said:
MeshVictim! Given what I know you have already endured in life, I apolgise profoundly if you feel I have stepped on your toes!

I am sure we will be able to work together to counter the great tyrant Mesh.

With the greatest of respect, I had not heard of your group and I do spend a lot of time on the net. One of the reasons I was motivated to set up this group was that my business is getting publicity. That's what I'm good at. If you like I'll PM you my telephone number and we can talk??

Yes sure ....... just PM me your phone number and also if possible convenient times to ring you on thursday and I will endeavour to do so. Every friday I am still admitted to a padded cell in the local psychiatric unit where I receive medication, therapy and counselling over the weekend, but my psychiatrist is still doubtful I will make a full recovery from my near six month nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service :(

Regards,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
MeshVictim said:
Yes sure ....... just PM me your phone number and also if possible convenient times to ring you on thursday and I will endeavour to do so. Every friday I am still admitted to a padded cell in the local psychiatric unit where I receive medication, therapy and counselling over the weekend, but my psychiatrist is still doubtful I will make a full recovery from my near six month nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service :(

Regards,
MeshVictim.
MeshVictim,

Apparently I can't send PMs on this forum until I've made 10 posts.

Please email me at "lovepeaceguru at hotmail dot co dot uk" and I'll reply with my contact details

(EDIT by mucks, to protect from spam bots)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry about that ... but we have had a few PM spamers in the past ... if Ian sees your post he may grant you PM rights.

I also took the liberty of altering your email address for obvious reasons.

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
(PM's manually enabled now)

Reaction score
It may interest readers to know that I posted a similat thread on the PC Review forum.

The "editor" responded furiously, with an extraordinary defence of Mesh and attack on my integrity. He challenged me to give him the names of the individuals at Microsoft and Asus who I have spoken to and I did so by private message. He then blatantly lied to his readers by saying he had received nothing from me and proceeded to delete the thread!

This is surreal. I thought such behaviour was confined to the media in totalitarian regimes. I would not have believed for one minute that a journalist in the UK would have an ulterior motive like this.

I was wrong. My eyes have been opened. Believe me, there are forces at work in this market that are devious, dishonest and corrupt. I can see no other explanation

Reaction score
I think we all know which forum that was, most of us have been there and seen their Mesh adverts. With regard to your reaction to the editor behaving that way, well I wouldnt say he was a journalist really.

Although I know what you mean, I dont think that Mesh are devious corrupt etc, just really crap at looking after their customers when things go wrong, which they seem to do a lot with Mesh. Believe it or not there are some happy, well not unhappy, Mesh customers. I am not a happy one myself and am still waiting for a refund that was promised some time ago now. My PC is gone, but no money has replaced it.
icon8.gif

Best to avoid them altogether I would say.

Reaction score
My letter to Tony Riccardi of Mesh

Here is the letter I recently sent:

......I do not seem able to paste here so it comes as an attachment

Attachments

• Mesh1text.doc
    30 KB · Views: 152
Reaction score
Sorry to me so negative, but good luck with the letter, you may get fobbed off or asked to RTB your PC. This is when the fun starts, you return it and may not see you PC for a while!

I have given up on using mesh support, I now try to repair it myself or ask friends to help, it’s easier, the job gets done quickly and first time.

Let us all know how you get on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The refund is already agreed in writing so I stupidly thought that was good enough. To be honest, if the PC worked properly in the first place I would have got someone else in to fix it too, but it ws a pile of crap from the start.

Reaction score
So when do you get the refund?

Or our mesh going to try to fob you off about giving you the refund?

Good luck, hope it works out soon......

Reaction score
Lovepeaceguru, How long have you had your PC? If it within 6 months and you have had problems, take it back to them (you live close enough) and demand a refund. Dont bother with any support, it is a waste of time as you have found. They will offer repair and say that is all they are obliged to do. This isnt true in English Law and you have the right to a refund within 6 months. You can argue about not being fit for the purpose, lack of faith in the company/product or anything you want, just to underline that you do not want the item. I have done this with a couple of other electronics companies in the past and it works, sometimes after a bit of arguing. I didnt do it with Mesh at first because a) they are a 6 hour return journey for me and b) I really wanted the PC to work as the componants were of good quality (I thought). I wish I did demand it though.

Good luck in your quest with Asus and Microsoft, let us know what happens. By the way, the 30 day software warranty thing is quite normal I believe and Mesh will try to blame all problems on software so they dont have to do anything.

Reaction score
feckit. Well, the refund was supposed to be already in my bank, but it isnt. I have emailed Davey at Mesh again to get him to confirm the situation. Right pain in the butt as I want to get out and get a propr PC built, but no money.

Reaction score
Well looks like the gremlins are at work, or mesh are working normally and this was one of their famous fob off’s.

I like a lot other other Mesh punters hope that may be one day Mesh will get featured in the national press or on telly, and everyone will get to see what a bunch of bovine (large animal, gives milk and moo's) boys they are.

Keep us all posted

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Mesh Victims

Lovepeaceguru .......
On your second most recent post you have the wrong forum name, you mean "another forum" or "mesh zealots forum" or if you must its real name.
It is a good letter you have sent, but for the reasons I explained to you on the phone, I regret to say I think you will have a disappointing response, if any at all, from Mesh.

timmy .......
Very sorry to read you have still not received your refund. Since it has been promised twice in emails, it must surely be a case of "when" and not "if", but I am sure you are doing the right thing in chasing it up. On "another forum" a victim posted earlier in the week that he had received his refund from Mesh, so at least someone in Mesh Customer Services is processing them.

feckit .......
In my opinion every month that passes makes it more likely that Mesh will get featured in the national press or on telly !!! Let us all pray that this too is just a case of "when" and not "if" :)

Best Wishes to you All,
MeshVictim.

Reaction score
Yes Gentlemen. We all have the same experience. I have told Mesh many times that, my PC being less than 6 months old, the burden of proof is upon them to prove that it was not faulty at the time of delivery.

Of course, the value of any PC in cash terms for hardware is dwarfed by the value of the work you have put into the setup and data.

Mesh have tried to be "holier than thou" about backing up my data on many occasions. In fact, my hard disk crash happened in the middle of a backup!!

The othe rproblem is that since buying the PC I have installed a Creative XFiXtreme Music sound card, an ATI X800XL graphics card, a Seagate Barracuda 500GB hard disk and 4 x 1GB Kingston Valueram DIMMs. Inevitably they will blame the new hardware or say that my rights are invalidatred because I opened the case.

In fact, I belive that in terms of one's statutory rights and any warranty opening the case of a PC cannot be a problem as the PC was designed from the outset to be upgradeable. that is a large part of its rasion d'etre. Therefore, once again, if they say you shouldn't be upgrading it then it's "not fit for the purpose for which it's sold" .

So, with all that, I depend on my PC for a living, canI take the risk of trying to return it? I'd have to remove my sound card, graphics card, memory and hard disk and believe me, with those charlatans, I wouldn't be handing over the system without a cheque there and then (and I wouldn't be surprised if it bounced!) . Is it woirth it? Can I take the risk and the work involved?

Actually, despite it all, I am tempted!

Reaction score
I got told to open my case up, whilst the power was on to make sure everything was working ok. I got told this was a safe & reliable way to resolve a fault and often it would resolve the problem straight away!! As if by magic..............

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question