Are you a customer of Mesh Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If your a customer of Mesh computers and you have either had poor service or have had good service from Mesh please post here so that a balanced view of Mesh can be seen by all.

However please do not post any thing that is offensive or can be seen to be libellous or slanderous towards Mesh

[Extract below courtesy "MeshVictim"]

Useful Contact Information for Mesh Customers

You should report Mesh to your local Trading Standards Service first and do it as soon as you have trouble with Mesh. They should advise you how to resolve the problem.

Finally, please try and help to save some of your fellow citizens enduring a similar nightmare to you by contacting :-

BBC Watchdog

Homepage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/

Contact: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_an...act_index.shtml

Computer Nightmares: http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_an...computers.shtml

Edit - Update, Brent trading standards cannot deal with enquiries from outside their area. I have updated the contact details accordingly. Please contact your local trading standards instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whats your own view on Mesh

My own experience of Mesh was that i paid £1700 for a pc that did not work properly & took months to sought out. Since then the pc has worked fine apart from a few minor problems.

I do however think it's wrong to charge 60p for the help line to which most people spend at least 20 minutes on before getting an answer, this will up to this point have cost you £20!

I'm not out to get Mesh or have a grudge against them, all i want is fair treatment for all Mesh customers.

Please post your own experiences of Mesh so a balanced view can be seen by all.

Reaction score
service from Mesh

I bought from Mesh about 18 months ago and the problems started from Day 1

The case was damaged & some of the software did not run, their was no product key for MS Office, when i contacted Mesh the customer service staff seemed not to care & i was left feeling it was my fault i was having problems. Trying to sort it all out was a nightmare, Mesh make a big thing when you ring that you call is important to them, but like Murdoch said you still are kept on hold for ages.

I ended up posting on another forum and got promised that the problems would be sorted out quickly. Mesh make a big thing about helping customers on a couple of forums, but why cant they sought these problems out before you have to post them on a forum. It makes it look like they care when they post on these forums in the public gaze, but this is for show as they simply dont really care!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this going to become the new & improved Offical Mesh thread now?
As to many will only confuse people posting on the Forum, can one of the Mods decide & close the others;)

Reaction score
Post all your views here on Mesh

Now we are back on track with this thread, please lets get views posted on all aspects of mesh computers. If you have had good service from mesh please post as well. It's important to get a balanced view from all mesh customers:thumb:

Reaction score
Mesh Customer Service

If you buy your dream machine from Mesh, it may well cost you less than from any other UK retailer. Most people are happy with their Mesh computer "out of the box" and most of these will get trouble free service from it.

However, there is a significant minority who are not so lucky :(
They will probably endure an absolute nightmare dealing with Mesh Customer Service
wallbash.gif

And they may well come to think that perhaps the reason why Mesh can undercut their competitors is that there is very little in the price of a Mesh computer to cover Customer Service, because Mesh provide very little in the way of Customer Service
nod.gif

There are many "Mesh Threads" on this forum worth reading, if you have a spare day or two :D

Details of my nightmare and some useful information which may help new Mesh Victims can be found here .......

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2552623.php

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

P.S. MeshVictim will be away for a couple of weeks, but will return to help any new Mesh Victims and renew acquaintance with the many existing Mesh Victims here :thumb:

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread can become a stopping off point for all those who are thinking of buying, already have or who want to leave comments of their own views of mesh computers. :thumb:

Reaction score
Mesh still Messing

Oh how I wish I had the sense to do a search for complaints about Mesh before I stupidly believed the article in Computer Buyer
The PC I ordered had the spec I wanted and the 3yr warranty was what swayed me from a similar PC offered by Dell

My tale of woe matches so many others seen on several forums

System sent out with faults that started in Mesh's factory
system rejected in 24 hours
followed advice of Consumer watch
Distance selling regulations
Consumer Law contacted the Finance Co

sent e mails , faxes , recorded delivery letters none have been answered

Sent a refund letter eventually plus red refund label.........weeks later get a phone call saying they will not refund and are returning the system

Threats of this and that if delivery is refused

Have contacted Paula Anderson as suggested but can see i have little option but to go to SCC

Mesh customer service is diabolical and as for the endless waiting on an 0870 number thats a very costly affair

MESH are clearly in breach of contract plus plenty else

They are still also putting PLC on paperwork which is illegal

Computer Buyer will be receiving a cancellation of my membership if they do not help sort this fiasco out PDQ

Reaction score
Hi mylady2 :)

mylady2 said:
Sent a refund letter eventually plus red refund label.........weeks later get a phone call saying they will not refund and are returning the system

Threats of this and that if delivery is refused

Have contacted Paula Anderson as suggested but can see i have little option but to go to SCC
Sorry to hear of your all too familiar nightmare of dealing with Mesh Customer Service :(

This post may give you hope of a quicker resolution than from the SCC .....

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2552623.php

Please do keep us informed of developments. Unfortunately, I am packing at the moment and will be away for two weeks, but I am sure murdoch or one of the other Mesh Victims here or one of the Forum Staff will be able to suggest ideas of how you might proceed as the case developes.

Together we can make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:
Best Wishes,
MeshVictim :)

Reaction score
contact bbc watchdog

mylady2, sorry to hear you troubles with mesh, i suggest you may want to contact bbc watchdog at http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_computers.shtml

I also suggest if you bought by credit card you contact the card company and let them know in detail what happened. Sadly some pc mags dont want to help even though they may have recommend a certain brand or maker.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How about Comet??

Hi

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/567_331864.html comet are now selling mesh pc's for basically the same price as Mesh direct. I work for Comet so get discount so was looking at this pc. Thought I would take a look at a few reviews and then i started reading this one https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-14865.php yes I know your all familiar with this one! lol... Just wonder if you think I would be ok if I purchased from Comet?? Or is the overall build quality of Mesh pc's so bad its worth just not bothering altogether??

Cheers guys!

Tom

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Coatezy said:
Hi

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/567_331864.html comet are now selling mesh pc's for basically the same price as Mesh direct. I work for Comet so get discount so was looking at this pc. Thought I would take a look at a few reviews and then i started reading this one https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-14865.php yes I know your all familiar with this one! lol... Just wonder if you think I would be ok if I purchased from Comet?? Or is the overall build quality of Mesh pc's so bad its worth just not bothering altogether??

Cheers guys!

Tom
If you buy from Asda, Tesco or Comet your first point of contact, if anything goes wrong, is with them ... you bought it off them, they will be responsible to then contact Mesh ... if needed. ;)

user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking at the spec, They say its an x2 3800, but they dont run at 2400Mhz they run at 2000Mhz. Its the 4800 that run at 2400Mhz. ;)

It also dont say what the graphics card is, which is often the most expensive part of the pc, so depending on what the card is it could be well over priced....

There is no mention of the motherboard either so my guess is its poo.

Personally i wouldn't touch it. :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The graphics card is listed on the Full Details page as:
2x256 MB Niv - idia 7600GT Graphics card
Without knowing what the mobo is, like VR - personally I wouldn't buy it ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Coatezy said:
Quick question regarding this MESH http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/567_331864.html Do you personally think its worth the money? I.e Spec.. etc etc.. Is it a good spec pc or could I get better elsewhere for the same price??
No monitor ... then it is at least £200 overpriced in my book ... and they had better tell ME what the MB is before I'd part with any money. ;)

user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
The graphics card is listed on the Full Details page as:

Without knowing what the mobo is, like VR - personally I wouldn't buy it ;)

Ah well spotted Ady,

I only got as far as - Graphics: TBC. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=88497 Would you not say maybe it is this one?? So I would say its the "ASUS A8N-SLI PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX" Or do you reckon it may not be?? I can get it for 900£ with my discount and 800 if i can find my 20% voucher! :p Looks like if you build up the pc on the Mesh site to the one on the comets site spec it is about £ 1035.67inc??? So i savin about £135.00

Are the Nividia 7600GT's any good?

Not to bothered about the monitor I have a 23" widescreen HD samsung Rome that I use for my monitor :)

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Could be - and if it is then its a good board :thumb:

As you work at Comet perhaps you can find out for sure ;)

Reaction score
Ok so I play games sometimes.. I do a lot of web design.. Would you say the Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz is ok? Or it out of date now? will it handel the latest games on the market when I want to play them?? With 2048mb or ram. x2 256 nvidia 7600GT Gfx cards etc etc... Sorry to keep bothering you guys just want to make sure it does the job.. ;) Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question