3D Mark 03 ?!

Reaction score
Heya dudes. I got my Gainward 6600GT and have o/c it to as much as it can go i think lol Anymore and it starts to flicker... anywayz i noticed some people are still getting more then me on 3D Mark 03 when i have a Gainward and i thought they were the best make for an example : No names though lol he has a 6600GT and i have that too yet he gets 8000 something and i get 6627 AND... i have 1GB RAM when he has 512MB RAM ?! How ?! lol He has the same CPU aswell !!!

WHY ?!

Reaction score
Theres definatly something up here, your gainward kicks my 9800 pro's ass...or should do. But comparing our scores, it seems not.

I reckon something is up...

Reaction score
I know ! :( When i first got it i got 7845 then o/c and it went down !!! lol

Well i couldn't cancel my order on the Gainward 6800 so i should get that this week, so i guess i will just use that lol And sell this card to a friend or something :( Me really dissapointed !

I can't find my order on tekheads.com either ! So i will have 3 new graphics cards ! lol

Hope da 6800 comes soon ! :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just to add a little to the thread, a coupla benchmarks, system as in sig:

3D Mark 03: 5819

Aquamark 3:

Grafix: 6123
CPU: 7133
Total: 42,845

Reaction score
I can't send it back either can i ?! Due to me overclocking it ?!?! This sucks ! Waited 4 weeks for this card ! I damn hope that the Gainward 6800 performs better !!! Or i wasted 400 pounds for NOTHING !!! :(

REALLY ANNOYED !

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
I can't send it back either can i ?! Due to me overclocking it ?!?! This sucks ! Waited 4 weeks for this card ! I damn hope that the Gainward 6800 performs better !!! Or i wasted 400 pounds for NOTHING !!! :(

REALLY ANNOYED !
Overclocking it is no reason not to be able to send it back, just wind it down to stock settings again, they'll never know.

Anyway, I'm sure all the overclocking is controlled by software settings, put the card in another machine, it'll probably show stock.

However, I doubt you'll be able to send it back just cos you want to, most online retailers will only take back a faulty card, they won't take it back just cos you changed your mind, unfortunately.

So, what you got for sale then?

I fancy a new vid card, but I seriously am a bit skint atm, so don't know if I could manage it.

I just forked out £58.75 for a domain name for two years, another unexpected expense, sob :(

Reaction score
lol I guess i will put it in a pc i am building for a m8 :) hehe i got 4 people wanting pcs now :) Around 400 pounds profit lol

Well if i get da other 2 cards, i will have a Gainward 6800 and a Galaxy 6800. Also if you wanted my old FX5500 :) lol

I just gunna use da other card then :( lol Good bye 6600GT !!! Thanx for a days service ! hehe

:(

Reaction score
LOL

£58 :O Flopps what domain?

And yeah Belloni, no idea why my card gets higher scores, is a mystery to me, anyway PM'd u back mate.

Chris,

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
chrisimrie said:
LOL

£58. :O Flopps what domain?

And yeah Belloni, no idea why my card gets higher scores, is a mystery to me, anyway PM'd u back mate.

Chris,
I used Netnames. £58.75 for two years inc. VAT. I asked around and that seemed to be an average price.

My company is named Combined Broadcast Systems. Wasn't much available, no cbs for instance, so I just went with combinedbroadcast. Bit of a mouthful, but it'll do.

I have a question though, I've just rerouted that address to a different URL, but it's not working yet. Does that thing take time to become active?

If it's not working by Noon tomorrow, I'll phone them up.

My first experience of this, so not sure if the rerouting should be instant or not.

Reaction score
Hey Flopps,

Before i take this off topic, feel free to PM or MSN me and ill give ya some more information as i can sure help.

Just don't want to take this post off topic :)

Chris,

Reaction score
Im sure that card is faulty - the speeds are MUCH faster than imries, and your comp spec is the same...!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
chrisimrie said:
Hey Flopps,

Before i take this off topic, feel free to PM or MSN me and ill give ya some more information as i can sure help.

Just don't want to take this post off topic :)

Chris,
OK, good point, I'm as much to blame as you and I'm meant to keep an eye on these things, lol.

I've PM'ed you. If I don't get a result by tomorrow, I may start a new thread.

Now then, back on topic again - post your 3D & Aqua Mark scores! Give Belloni some comparisons!

You know it makes sense :D

Reaction score
Heya guys. I am trying to send back my Gainward lol and if it comes, keep da Gainward 6800 i accidently ordered lol which should be even better !? :p

My scores suck even more now! I put it back to stock speeds, Reef said to lol ;) and now i am getting 5974 !!! THAT'S RUBBISH ! lol

Grrr !!! Overclockers are constantly engaged ! By the time i get through, my 7-10 days thingy will be up !!!

Really annoyed at them now! :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely on the benchmark completely - how does it run in games?

Has your system got lots of things running in the background, like an antivirus etc...?

Reaction score
Yeah i know but 3 thousand off chris's score is lol when he has a the SAME card, and LESS ram then me !!!

It runs ok in games i sposs, bit jolty at times, but as soon as i put AA onto 2x it's not playable really jolty etc. Surely a card of this ability shouldn't do that on only 2x ?!

No i always take them off when playing a game. I only leave Norton antivirus on in da background, but surely that shouldn't affect it THAT much ?! :S

?! Still no luck in getting through lol

Really annoyed at card AND overclockers.co.uk lol

Reaction score
Hey Belloni,

My speeds at the moment are 450/900 respectively, using the Aopen Aeolus 6600GT.

I used 3dMark03 and got those marks straight off.

As people have said in the past it might be a faulty 6600GT chipset, i ordered mine from Overclockers and i have RMA'd items back to them and they have been fine, so just keep trying to email / telephone them, email (e-mail address removed) and try and get it RMA'd but as i said, it might be faulty, might not be, so it depends whether Overclockers will accept a reason for it to be RMA'd, as they'll just ignore you if you say anything about 3dMark03 scores.

Anyway what is the 6800 your getting, GT, Ultra, LE or just standard 6800.

Chris,

Reaction score
Yeah that's what i thought. So what shall i say to them ?! I recieved the Gainward 6600GT and it's faulty i think?! How can i prove this though ?! It can't take AA 2x in a game for example ?!

I am getting the Gainward 6800 (Not GT) lol

Hopefully that isn't faulty ! lol

Thanx

Reaction score
Well you can't really prove it's faulty is normal windows is fine and games actually run, although i've had mine upto 4x AA stable on Need For Speed Underground 2, after that i need to turn world graphics down to continue using AA at 4x.

You cannot in no way blame its faulty on 3DMark scores as they will just refuse the RMA request.

Chris,

Reaction score
Oh well lol i guess i will just sell it to my m8 that would like it for 150 pounds (30pounds cheaper) lol and i am selling my old graphics card (FX5500) to another friend for 50pounds, so havnt really lost out. I have just spent money on the Gainward 6800 altogether lol

So i won't bother if i can't proove it. Thanx for your help guys lol :p

Got football training now, talk more when i get back lol :p

Thanx again atleast i please my friend !!!

Ask a Question