ZoneAlarm-Locked While Screen Saver Is Activated !!

G

H
- Using (ZoneAlarm - FireWall) on Windows XP pro./Thru DSL conn
- (I read The ZoneAlarm-FireWall ( Help Page) ,, and I've got confused..

- Screen Saver is activated, wait time is 30 minutes

- ZoneAlarm Program control/Automatic Lock/ Custom Lock settings/Lock mode to use when enabled is set to:
Lock when screensaver activates
- ZoneAlarm Program control/Automatic Lock/ Custom Lock settings/When Lock Engages is set to
To Allow Pass-Lock Programs To Access The Internet
- I'm connected to the Internet, and 2 Programs are running, I go away from my des
for 40 minutes, When I return I find that I'm no longer connected to the Internet, an
those 2 running programs are disconnected too
- My question is: Is there any Advanced settings that I could apply to my 'ZoneAlarm Firewall' to kee
me Connected even when above settings : The Screen Saver, and The Custom Lock Settings apply an
remain in place ?
- I Mean What kind of settings I shall Do To Keep MY DSL : Local Area Connection, Connected to the Internet During
the time that screen Saver becomes active and the 30 minutes wait time Expires while Iam away?
- Because now when I get Back to My Pc and (Resume from screen Saver) and I log on my User Name, I must go first
to : Local Area Connection and I must click on Repair to regain connection to the Internet !
- How does this work: to go to the program window and click the passlock column for the item I want to pass." ?
- Would You Plase Explain to me Step By Step / Click By Click(If possible) What Does That Mean ?

- I read The ZoneAlarm-FireWall ( Help Page) ,, and I've got confused.

- Any Easy Does It, Step by Step Help Please?? That Would Be appreciated.
Thank
Nancy

L

Lance Joiner

Why not just disable the automatic internet lock?

Nancy said:
Hi
- Using (ZoneAlarm - FireWall) on Windows XP pro./Thru DSL conn.
- (I read The ZoneAlarm-FireWall ( Help Page) ,, and I've got confused..)

- Screen Saver is activated, wait time is 30 minutes.

- ZoneAlarm Program control/Automatic Lock/ Custom Lock settings/Lock mode to use when enabled is set to:
Lock when screensaver activates.
- ZoneAlarm Program control/Automatic Lock/ Custom Lock settings/When Lock Engages is set to:
To Allow Pass-Lock Programs To Access The Internet.
- I'm connected to the Internet, and 2 Programs are running, I go away from my desk
for 40 minutes, When I return I find that I'm no longer connected to the Internet, and
those 2 running programs are disconnected too.
- My question is: Is there any Advanced settings that I could apply to my 'ZoneAlarm Firewall' to keep
me Connected even when above settings : The Screen Saver, and The Custom Lock Settings apply and
remain in place ??
- I Mean What kind of settings I shall Do To Keep MY DSL : Local Area
Connection, Connected to the Internet During
the time that screen Saver becomes active and the 30 minutes wait time Expires while Iam away??
- Because now when I get Back to My Pc and (Resume from screen Saver) and
I log on my User Name, I must go first
to : Local Area Connection and I must click on Repair to regain connection to the Internet !!
- How does this work: to go to the program window and click the passlock
column for the item I want to pass." ??
- Would You Plase Explain to me Step By Step / Click By Click(If
possible) What Does That Mean ??

P

peter

or better still kill the screen saver..........its really useless nowadays
I just set my monitor to turn off in 20 minutes
and I set ZoneAlarm to lock if not on net after 10min
peter

Ask a Question