Zippy EL-610 Super Slim Luminescent Keyboard Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
3D Xtreme have a review of a luminescent keyboard - very interesting to say the least, but is it of any practical use?

Today 3dXtreme is taking a look at a rather unique product supplied to us by Byteccusa. The Zippy EL-610 Super Slim Luminescent Keyboard is a mini keyboard that is backlit blue. I would imagine this keyboard was designed for use at a Lan Party being that it's like typing on a laptop keyboard. There is a switch to enable or disable the backlight feature which is actually very cool when working in the dark. Let's take a quick look at the specifications on the Zippy EL-610 Super Slim Luminescent Keyboard...

<center>
</center>

Read the review here

Attachments

• p1010004.jpg
    p1010004.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 11,036
Reaction score
It does look like a laptop keyboard, and I believe there is a laptop manufacutor who uses luminous keyboards on some of their products. Then of course IBM uses a thinklight :)

Needless to say, it just looks good :brow:

Reaction score
Does anybody know if this product is available in the UK? I can't find anyone who stocks Zippy products...

many thanks

Reaction score
After looking for this for ages i finally found it the other day at Maplin on totenham court road london, It is indeed very nice (I even took it out the packaging and plugged it into one of there PC's on display) but I simply refuse to pay £50 for a keybord no matter how good! Especialy when its a dash over $40 in he states.

Reaction score
I waited a year since finding this original post and contacted the manufacturers in Taiwan about it. They told me it would be launched here in the summer under the Hewlett-Packard brand name, and this summer there it was, hanging on the shelf of PC World under the name of Packard Bell (Model number: PB KB400 Product Code: 827322. Anyway, I'm sure it was only about £25 maximum...I know i wouldn't have paid anywhere near £50 for a keyboard that for me is just to be used when travelling with my Shuttle PC. Anyway, there was only one left, I bought it, and I haven't seen any since :( Shame really as it's quite a nice keyboard!

After a short search I've found it in germany here:

http://www.tweaker.de/hop.htm?http:...keySonic_illuminated_mini_keyboard/seite1.htm

for about £25 (37 euros) under the brand name of Keysonic.

According to pricerunner.co.uk, PC World are the only UK stockists, but I can't find it there :(

It's a shame, as ebay.de are selling the keysonic version for 35 euros but they have the german key layout :(

Ah...found it at PC World here: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=827322

Still...darn site more expensive than Europe, and like I said, I didn't pay this much instore!

Dunk

Reaction score
bought mine form pc wprld yesterday for £30:00 a bargain and it was great playing with it in pitch black last night, my only gripe is the lack of a num pad.. small price to pay i love it.

Reaction score
sanchrts said:
Does anybody know if this product is available in the UK? I can't find anyone who stocks Zippy products...

many thanks

Bought mine at Maplin in the UK today for about £25. They might be local to you if not try www.maplin.co.uk, I think they do free delivery if you spend over so much.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
bull said:
Bought mine at Maplin in the UK today for about £25. They might be local to you if not try www.maplin.co.uk, I think they do free delivery if you spend over so much.
Cheers Bull, thats a good price! What do you think of it so far?

Reaction score
can anyone help with zippy problem

I have a new zippy keyboard EL-610 . It's great except for problem. everytime I turn off my computer, and turn it back on.to get my keyboard to work I have to disconect it & reconect it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums SlateGeorge :)

Can you try plugging the Keyboard in to a different USB port, ideally one of the ones directly attached to your motherboard on the back of the PC.

Once you've read this message and replied, I'll move the post to a new thread in the Hardware Support forum - as this thread is very old.

Ask a Question