Program: SpeedKeys
Author: Tal Technologies Inc.
Ware: (Freeware) (was $ware)
http://www.speedkeys.com/

http://www.speedkeys.com/download.htm

Speedkeys.exe ~ 3681 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/speedkey.exe

Download the latest ZipCode/Area Code database. ~ 300 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/zipcode.zip

There was a second one. I don't have a good link for Rapid*Address! - I
think it may be gone.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_search?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware

The Seabat

Found this one on Son Of Spy's site at:

http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Apps2.html

<quote>

Zip Query allows users to quickly and easily look up zip codes and
city names in the United States by using either the zip code or city
name as search criteria

</quote>

Direct download link:
ftp://ftp.jaring.my/pub/simtelnet/win95/info/zquery20.zip

John Corliss

The said:
Found this one on Son Of Spy's site at:

http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Apps2.html

<quote>
Zip Query allows users to quickly and easily look up zip codes and
city names in the United States by using either the zip code or city
name as search criteria
</quote>

Direct download link:
ftp://ftp.jaring.my/pub/simtelnet/win95/info/zquery20.zip

Good program. It's the one I use. However, it dates back to 16 October
1997 so the Zip Code database is out of date. Usually that's not a
problem, but for a business it might be.

One can of course, get correct zip codes by doing a search at the US
Postal Service's website.

John Corliss

Susan said:
Warning - the USPS updates *their* database every month or so. An app
with an old database may lead you astray. . .

Program: SpeedKeys
Author: Tal Technologies Inc.
Ware: (Freeware) (was $ware)
http://www.speedkeys.com/

http://www.speedkeys.com/download.htm

Speedkeys.exe ~ 3681 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/speedkey.exe

According to their website, it's shareware:

"Best of all SpeedKeys is distributed as a shareware application so you
can try SpeedKeys before you purchase it."

Or are they simply running an un-updated webpage?
Download the latest ZipCode/Area Code database. ~ 300 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/zipcode.zip

There was a second one. I don't have a good link for Rapid*Address! - I
think it may be gone.

If you're talking about the program by Pine Grove Software, yes.... it's
now gone from their site from what I see. The old download link is
404ed. Even S.O.S.'s download link leads to a 404:

http://www.pine-grove.com/files/radd1032.exe

John Corliss

Author: Tal Technologies Inc.
Ware: (Freeware) (was $ware)
http://www.speedkeys.com/

http://www.speedkeys.com/download.htm

Speedkeys.exe ~ 3681 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/speedkey.exe

Note that although their page says "Best of all SpeedKeys is distributed
as a shareware application so you can try SpeedKeys before you purchase
it", when you go to the "Pricing and Ordering" page at:

http://www.speedkeys.com/order.htm

it says "Speedkeys is now completely FREE! Tal Technologies, Inc. has
decided to discontinue sales and support for this software, effective
immediately. Speedkeys was originally created as an "in house"
application to speed up data entry, and was marketed as shareware.
Unfortunately, sales of SpeedKeys have not been high enough to offset
the cost of supporting and updating the product. However, rather than
completely close down this web site we have decided to simply give
SpeedKeys away to anyone who wants it!"

What a deal!
Download the latest ZipCode/Area Code database. ~ 300 KB
http://www.speedkeys.com/zipcode.zip

There was a second one. I don't have a good link for Rapid*Address! - I
think it may be gone.

If you're talking about the program by Pine Grove Software, yes.... it's
now gone from their site from what I see. The old download link is
404ed. Even S.O.S.'s download link leads to a 404:

http://www.pine-grove.com/files/radd1032.exe

Susan Bugher

John said:
If you're talking about the program by Pine Grove Software, yes.... it's
now gone from their site from what I see. The old download link is
404ed. Even S.O.S.'s download link leads to a 404:

http://www.pine-grove.com/files/radd1032.exe

Yup - that's the one I meant. FWIW - It was registerware - dunno if it
has a product key or not. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan said:
Yup - that's the one I meant. FWIW - It was registerware - dunno if it
has a product key or not. . .

I just Googled, went through all 72 links and could find no download
available for the program. I think Pine Grove may have even contacted
some sites who had archived the download on their own servers and
requested that they delete the file. Maybe somebody will have better
luck in finding the file, but I agree with you that it's probably no
longer available.

Susan Bugher

John said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
I just Googled, went through all 72 links and could find no download
available for the program. I think Pine Grove may have even contacted
some sites who had archived the download on their own servers and
requested that they delete the file. Maybe somebody will have better
luck in finding the file, but I agree with you that it's probably no
longer available.

Thanks for doing the search John. I'll remove Rapid*Address! from the
acf program info list.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://google.ca/advanced_group_search?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware

Mel

Susan Bugher

REM

Thank you - description revised. :)

I tried several times to get this file and the download stalled each
try. I finally used a D\L manager and got it, but it says that the
install files are corrupted :(

Has anyone been able to install the above file?

Mel

I tried several times to get this file and the download stalled each
try. I finally used a D\L manager and got it, but it says that the
install files are corrupted :(

Has anyone been able to install the above file?

The downloaded file was verified (installed with no problems) before
posting the link in acf. If the link will not work, you can also
download from abf.