Your top pc buy for 2008

Reaction score
Think mine will be a whole new PC.
Dual or Quad Core not sure which, but would help in Crunching more.:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Nothing for me this year I suspect - I'm already running far too much as it is.................however if the 8 core CPU's come out this year :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be getting anything this year either, I tend to wait a few years and then upgrade everything in one go once technology moves to a new level. Think it will be end of 2009 at the earliest before I get a new mobo/cpu/graphics. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Are you a twitcher then?
Not really, my sister & I often go to Martin Mere and I just got really annoyed that I could not "see" a lot of what I was looking at in any great detail ... :D

Bought the binoculars at the shop there, same as the online price, am pleased as punch with them. Finally got to see, in close-up of, the resident Buzzard, Woodpecker, Harrier & Kestrel, not to mention a whole verity of other British wintering birds. :thumb:

My sister & I are members of the WWT, we get in free, we have a great day wondering around to our favorite Hides ... ;)

:wave:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i've already ordered a couple of hard drives which should be here tommorow, next month will be a saitek illuminated keyboard and a 22" or 24" monitor which will probably need a new graphics card to drive it though so that might be another thing which would in turn more than likely mean a new PSU as i'm not confident my 480W will have the guts to power everything, which is more than i really want to be buying

i've got my eye on a laptop as well but i'm still thinking about that and whether i really need it lol, other than those bits i'm happy with my system, next major upgrades will be towards the end of this year or next depending on prices and whats about

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
A secondhand wireless card for £7.59 . Now that should be fun .

laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Running four machines here and only likely realistic upgrade will be a new graphics card for the AMD machine.

Currently:

Asus M2N-sli Deluxe
Athlon 64 dual core 3.2Ghz
2Gb Corsair 6400 C4 Memory
BFG 7600GT 256Mb Graphics card.

As I'll shortly be running Vista on my main machine any games Vista can't handle can go on this machine, running Win XP Pro.

I may replace the card with an 8800GT 512Mb.

This would also have the advantage of freeing up the 7600GT for my Media machine as it has HDMI output and the current card in there - a 7300GS 512MB - does not.

But other than that - nowt for now, have spent far too much on computers recently and I really am very happy with all 4 machines.

Ask a Question