Your IMAP server wants to alert you....

Gisele

....to the following: 17 (1032).That mail is not currently available.

Sometimes the numbers change, but I get this constantly using Outlook 2007
with my AOL account

Any suggestions?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

...to the following: 17 (1032).That mail is not currently available.

Sometimes the numbers change, but I get this constantly using Outlook 2007
with my AOL account

Any suggestions?

That's a server-side message. Outlook is just reporting to you that the
server says it is having a problem.

Gisele

Brian Tillman said:
That's a server-side message. Outlook is just reporting to you that the
server says it is having a problem.

Can't I make it stop? I have two laptops with Outlook 2007 and the same AOL
account, but only one machine does it.

It holds up my full send/receive because it gets stuck on that warning
message until I manually force it to do a full send/receive

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Can't I make it stop? I have two laptops with Outlook 2007 and the same AOL
account, but only one machine does it.

Are you accessing the account from both systems at the same time?
It holds up my full send/receive because it gets stuck on that warning
message until I manually force it to do a full send/receive

Outlook has no control over what the server does or does not do.

Gisele

Brian Tillman said:
Are you accessing the account from both systems at the same time?

Outlook has no control over what the server does or does not do.

Both machines are usually logged in at the same time and poll for new mail
every minute. However, I am the only one using the machines (so it's not like
both are active at the same time). Only one machine (running XP) has this
problem. The other (vista) never gets that error message.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Both machines are usually logged in at the same time and poll for new mail
every minute. However, I am the only one using the machines (so it's not
like
both are active at the same time). Only one machine (running XP) has this
problem. The other (vista) never gets that error message.

Change the send/receive interval to a value no less than about ten minutes and
lengthen the server timout value on the Advanced tab of the account properties
to see if that helps.

Wreckah

Brian Tillman said:
Change the send/receive interval to a value no less than about ten minutes and
lengthen the server timout value on the Advanced tab of the account properties
to see if that helps.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian - I have tried this, but the same error popped up immediately.

And what error is that? You posted your message as a new thread without
enough context for me to guess what problem you're experiencing.

Re: Your IMAP server wants to alert you.

Same problem here. The box is titled "Microsoft Office Outlook" so it seems
to be a Microsoft announcement about the problem that the IMAP server is
having. In my case, it is with five specific messages that come up with the
error everytime. It says: "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the
following: 24 (1032) That mail is not currently available. " The number
1032 appears in each message. The 24 changes and seems to me to be the
number of the message in my box (I'm guessing at that.) Also, the message is
part of the Synchronizing subscribed folders operation, which will not
complete unless you OK through each message.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Re: Your IMAP server wants to alert you." <Re: Your IMAP server wants to
alert (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
Same problem here. The box is titled "Microsoft Office Outlook" so it seems
to be a Microsoft announcement about the problem that the IMAP server is
having. In my case, it is with five specific messages that come up with the
error everytime. It says: "Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the
following: 24 (1032) That mail is not currently available. " The number
1032 appears in each message. The 24 changes and seems to me to be the
number of the message in my box (I'm guessing at that.) Also, the message
is
part of the Synchronizing subscribed folders operation, which will not
complete unless you OK through each message.

Seems pretty clear to me. You have the headers and/or body of a message in
your local cache and the corresponding message is no longer on the server. I
can't tell you how this happened because Outlook should recognize messages
deleted from the server or by way of another IMAP client on a different
machine. If this were to happen to me, I'd simply delete the account, stop
Outlook and make sure the PST for the account was gone, then start Outlook and
re-add the account.

Lauren Hemphill

I am having the same issue. I have two computers, one using Vista and one
Windows 7. I have my AOL account set up with Outlook 2007 on both with the
exact same settings. The one on the Vista laptop has no issues, the one on 7
continues to give me the "Your IMAP server wants to alert you of the
following: ##(1032) is not currently available." However when I go to that
message on either computer, AOL webmail OR through AOL itself, I have no
problem accessing the mail. (The error occurs when both laptops are on and
when only the Windows 7 laptop is on.)

I have tried deleting the account in Outlook, deleting the PST file,
restarting Outlook and adding the account again. I have also gone as far as
uninstalling Outlook itself, removing ALL PST files and reinstalling Outlook
and then adding the AOL account. Nothing seems to work. I would prefer to
resolve this issue altogether, but I would be satisfied with just turning off
the error messaging. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I ran into this problem recently and was able to resolve it. In case someone needs help in the future....

Outlook is finding a corrupt e-mail on AOL's server, cannot accept it and then times out. The hard part is finding the e-mail, possibly amongst thousands like my client had. Here's the best way I could think of to track down the culprit:

Get Outlook on another PC with a clean, empty profile set up for the AOL account in question. As mail is retrieved for the first time, pay close attention to the dates. Because it is IMAP and not POP3 you don't need to worry about removing mail from AOL's server that the Outlook we're trying to fix is going to miss. In my case there were 3,000 items in this person's Inbox. After about half way through the retrieval process Outlook produced the error. You have to pay attention during the first send/receive in the clean Outlook profile because you'll then know the date of the corrupt e-mail (at the time the error pops up, look at the date of the incoming messages!). When you know the approximate date you can close Outlook.

You need to know this date because you now have to login to the AOL account at http://webmail.aol.com, go to that date and delete the e-mail(s). Since the error popped up when retrieving e-mail that was nearly two years old and no longer important, I deleted a week's worth of messages from the AOL Webmail Inbox, deleted them from the Webmail Deleted Items folder, and the problem was solved. Opened Outlook, no more errors.

I hope this information can help someone down the road!