Your favorite brew

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And as most peeps are listing more than one, apart from draught Guinness I like:

Coffee, strong, no sugar, a little milk. Regular brand is Nescafe Costa Rica instant granules.
Tap water, filtered, chilled.
Jack Daniels and coke with ice.
Most red wines, Merlot and Beaujolais are nice.
Cognac.
Tomato Juice.

And I hate:

Milk on it's own.
Tea.
All spirits apart from those mentioned above.
Cherry coke.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok this is the definative guide..:)

Coffee...Dewe Egberts, 2 sugars ,Milky ...Nescafe tastes awful nowadays

Tea...PG Tips by a mile (same as above for extras)

Lager ....Lowenbrau, Kronenburg...NOT WIFE BEATER (Stella) ....tastes like bog cleaner..or Budweiser as a close 3rd

Then 2 pints of natures brilliant cleanser ...corporation pop ..(H2O)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By flops

Coffee, strong, no sugar, a little milk. Regular brand is Nescafe Costa Rica instant granules.

That would taste like UUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG :)

probably would save a lot of sick animals in Africa though ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
And as most peeps are listing more than one, apart from draught Guinness I like:

Tap water, filtered, chilled.
Jack Daniels and coke with ice.
Most red wines, Merlot and Beaujolais are nice.
Cognac.
Tomato Juice.

And I hate:

Milk on it's own.
Tea.
All spirits apart from those mentioned above.
Cherry coke.

What no Dr Pepper?

Pffft it's so misunderstood! :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh No TD

Dr Pepper tastes like cr*p in whatever form m8 :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
By flops

That would taste like UUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG :)

probably would save a lot of sick animals in Africa though ;)

Hey. I like it. If you don't, fair 'nuff.

There's a lot of stuff listed here that would make me gag.

Tea. Sugar. Milk. Malt.

For instance.

But each to their own.

TriplexDread said:
What no Dr Pepper?

Pffft it's so misunderstood!

Well, you see, I used to love Dr Pepper, also loved most fruit juices and Orangina too but ever since they saved my life by bombarding my mouth and throat area with radiation it kinda changed my perception of taste. Things do not taste at all like they used to, it's quite odd.

But, Nescafe Alta Rica coffee and Guinness are two things that taste great before and after treatment, luckily for me. Although neither taste the same as they used to.

Both of which ain't particularly cheap :(

So maybe I'm not really qualified to post on this but then no, I stil have preferences.

Who's for a pint of creme de menthe? :)

Reaction score
Ye p you right. It's ranked like 3 or 4 in the world only losing to Coca Cola, Pepsi, and fanta ;)

Its nice

Last edited:
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Well, yep, that'll be me :)

Radiotherapy is a bitch eh? :)
Sorry FBS did not mean it in that way.:blush:
It's so rank i cant understand why people like the taste?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
feckit said:
It's so rank i cant understand why people like the taste?

Then you possibly need to grasp the concepts of being human :)

We are all different.

I care not for pomegranates, cucumber, avocado, tea and milk, I think their taste is, er, 'rank' as you put it.

However, I can understand why other people like them.

To attack something simply because you don't like it personally is almost dangerous.

Or am I over-reacting?

Nope, don't think I am, would merely be enough to say you don't like something rather than criticise those who do like it.

Or am I being too politically correct and over-sensitive? :confused:

Your views, good people :)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well as for hot drinks,

Coffee in the morning then tea for the rest of the day.

Alcoholic, I lurrvvve JD & Coke with a little ice, when i was in the Army we used to have these massive company functions, like 300 - 400 of us and you paid 50 euros for a ticket and all lager and wine was free, i used to drink about 5 bottles of any Zinfandel (pink/rose) wine, although now i can't really drink one, without getting pished.

I also prefer Heineken to any other Lager, unless i'm in America and its Sam Adams.

Dr Pepper and Sprite.

But mainly i drink tea, literally about 20 cups a day. Two of us share an assistant (credit crunch, we can't afford two anymore) that doesn't really do anything apart from make tea. Poor girl.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Or am I over-reacting?

Nope, don't think I am, would merely be enough to say you don't like something rather than criticise those who do like it.

Or am I being too politically correct and over-sensitive? :confused:

Your views, good people :)

Well, I don't take feckit's comments as being criticism at all. He is simply stating facts i.e that he can't understand why people like Dr. Pepper (whatever that is). He is not saying that people who like it are crazy or shouldn't drink it.

You are correct however that we are all different and, thank God, we are. I note that many people like lager but I find that they all taste similar and are not to my liking at all. But I will defend everyone's right to drink lager if they so wish.

I have two favourite brews. One is coffee made from freshly ground beans although I accept that half of the enjoyment is the smell. The other is a pint of John Smith's Magnet Ale from a place where I know that they know how to look after beer.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Well, I don't take feckit's comments as being criticism at all. He is simply stating facts i.e that he can't understand why people like Dr. Pepper (whatever that is). He is not saying that people who like it are crazy or shouldn't drink it.

But he did say he thought anybody who liked Dr Peppers - it's a fizzy brown drink tasting of a kind of blend between fruits and vanilla as I recall - can't have any taste buds. Now that is a personal criticism is it not?

However, I do think I am possibly being a little over-sensitive :blush: cos I really don't have many taste buds left, lol

Let me know, don't be shy folks, I can take it on the chin :D

Reaction score
Shall i go to the naughty corner & sit their until i have been a good boy?

It was a general comment & did not realise that some would be offended by it.
Some people are to sensitive over these comments, something i have been told off about in the past by a well known Mod!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But he did say he thought anybody who liked Dr Peppers - it's a fizzy brown drink tasting of a kind of blend between fruits and vanilla as I recall - can't have any taste buds. Now that is a personal criticism is it not?

However, I do think I am possibly being a little over-sensitive :blush: cos I really don't have many taste buds left, lol

Let me know, don't be shy folks, I can take it on the chin :D

IMO, it's just an unfortunate choice of words given the circumstances, but not at all personal criticism. More like a commonly used term for something that doesn't taste nice, but it just so happened to have another meaning in this context. I'd have said the same thing about people that like Mushroom soup :eek:

On the subject of drinks, try mixing some (cheapish) red wine with coke (50/50). Makes a very nice drink that tastes a bit like cherry cola. Sounds unappealing at first, I know... but I was skeptical when a Lithuanian girl told me it was her favorite drink, but it was actually very nice!