Yenc plug-in for Outlook Express?

I know that there are many newsreaders that decode Yenc files as a standard
feature. I use OE, which doesn't. Rather than change newsreaders, I'd like
to add the Yenc function to OE. Is there such a thing?

Thanks,

Norm

Gimpy

I know that there are many newsreaders that decode Yenc files as a standard
feature. I use OE, which doesn't. Rather than change newsreaders, I'd
like to add the Yenc function to OE. Is there such a thing?

Thanks,

Norm
Personally I use Yproxy http://www.yproxy.com/ Yes it cost 15.00
but just sits in the background & decodes on the fly so you really dont
even know its there. Easy to set up & then your ready to go. Gimpy

Susan Bugher

Fran said:
Older versions of yProxy were freeware, try finding it on the net.

from the ACF pages. . .

Program: yProxy (v 1.2)
Author: Brawny Lads Productions
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 1.2 last available (v 1.3.0.15 last)
http://www.norman.riel.com/downloads.htm

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Henry The Mole

Hello, (e-mail address removed)!
You wrote on Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:51:52 -0800:
I know that there are many newsreaders that decode Yenc files as a
standard feature. I use OE, which doesn't. Rather than change
newsreaders, I'd like to add the Yenc function to OE. Is there such a
thing?

Fidolook is freeware extension for Microsoft Outlook Express what
shipped with Microsoft Internet Explorer. This program dramatically
enhance Outlook Express. Has comprehensive approach for message headers,
templates and quoting customization as well as mask support in message
templates. Extend services for local news and mail folders. Allow import
and export messages to files and more.

Quoters - quoting of original message in various ways, incl.
GoldEd(famous FidoNet editor)-like quoting.

TemplatesAndMasks - customised messages templates with automatic
substitution of message fields using masks. Conditional expressions with
masks. Assigning templates to various message types: New message, Reply,
Reply to group, Forward and so on. Sets of templates could be packaged
as Skins.

Headers - full support of message headers editing. Headers setup on a
base of message type. Masks in headers and so on...

NewsMailer - alternative way to post messages to newsgroups by e-mail
without using news server (e.g. fido7.* news://ddt.demos.su).

FTNStub - tool for accessing FidoNet network withoute using newsgates
like ddt.demos.su. Netmail. BSO support, filebox. Automatic generation
of BinkD configuration.

NewsSaver - extend services for local news and mail folders. Force to
saving messages deleted from news server. Manual message deletion.
Manual change of ReadOlny state for messages.

NewsArcWizard - tool for creating newsgroups backup. Import/export
messages to nws, eml files. Import/export messages to database using any
ISAM-copmatible driver.

Supports X-Face and yEnc.

Most important this software is completely FREE.

Website:
http://www.fidolook.org/

Kidnly regards.

Toad

I know that there are many newsreaders that decode Yenc files as a
standard feature. I use OE, which doesn't. Rather than change
newsreaders, I'd like to add the Yenc function to OE. Is there such
a thing?

Thanks,

Norm

This is the one I prefer and it isn't a proxy.

You just launch it and it launches OE and voila you have what appears
to be native/transparent yenc support

http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/