Yahoo games

ShinyPny

Since i had to download the new upgrades to my computer,
the Java Aplet will not work and let me into the yahoo
games...after a lot of work,,i sometimes get it to open,,
and even if it does open,,when i exit my game room, I
cannot go to another game lounge, unless i back all the
way out and sign in again,before the new downloads, I
never ever had a problem,I have tried downloading the sun
patch,,I have cheked on all internet options,,,,can you
help me,

Jimmy S.

Hi Shiney!

If Single Player games (ex: www.zone.com/bejeweled.) don't load try these steps:
* Once Zone.com works Penny, so will Yahoo and any other Java Game site. :)

1. Click START / Control Panel / Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab.

2. Below HTTP 1.1 is the Sun Java/ Microsoft VM section: Make sure all Java choices
are unchecked (especially JIT) and then press [OK]. You may be prompted to reboot.

3. If you don't see a Microsoft VM section then download Microsoft Virtual Machine for:
Windows 98 / Me / NT / XP from: http://www.abxair.com/software/msjavx86.exe

4. After you download Java, double-click the file to install it, reboot and then follow
the directions in Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other advanced options.

* Whenever you get a Java Virtual Machine Security Update from Windows Update, you
will have to follow Steps 1. and 2..to disable JIT compiler and other adv. options again.

5. Some games require Shockwave Flash which you can download from:
http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/frameset.fhtml

6. If the problem persists Adjust Your browser:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

7. Try these suggestions for Zone's Java Games: http://zone.msn.com/zzzz/help/helpjavagames.asp

8. If you see a coffee cup icon in your icon tray, or have Sun Java listed in Control Panel /
Add-Remove programs uninstall or disable it to prevent conflicts with Microsoft's Java VM.

9. Maybe it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting
with Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796
or this utility: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| Since i had to download the new upgrades to my computer,
| the Java Aplet will not work and let me into the yahoo
| games...after a lot of work,,i sometimes get it to open,,
| and even if it does open,,when i exit my game room, I
| cannot go to another game lounge, unless i back all the
| way out and sign in again,before the new downloads, I
| never ever had a problem,I have tried downloading the sun
| patch,,I have cheked on all internet options,,,,can you
| help me,

Jimmy S.

Hi Shiny,

Try the Java solutions I've posted a couple of times in
this thread, and if they don't work, contact Yahoo and
see if they know what is causing that issue. Good luck! :)

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| Since i had to download the new upgrades to my computer,
| the Java Aplet will not work and let me into the yahoo
| games...after a lot of work,,i sometimes get it to open,,
| and even if it does open,,when i exit my game room, I
| cannot go to another game lounge, unless i back all the
| way out and sign in again,before the new downloads, I
| never ever had a problem,I have tried downloading the sun
| patch,,I have cheked on all internet options,,,,can you
| help me,

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message | Hi Shiny,

| Try the Java solutions I've posted a couple of times in
| this thread, and if they don't work, contact Yahoo and
| see if they know what is causing that issue. Good luck! :)
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jimmy S.
|
| Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| _________________________________________________________
|
| | | Since i had to download the new upgrades to my computer,
| | the Java Aplet will not work and let me into the yahoo
| | games...after a lot of work,,i sometimes get it to open,,
| | and even if it does open,,when i exit my game room, I
| | cannot go to another game lounge, unless i back all the
| | way out and sign in again,before the new downloads, I
| | never ever had a problem,I have tried downloading the sun
| | patch,,I have cheked on all internet options,,,,can you
| | help me,

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)