Windows XP Yahoo email internet connection

Reaction score
I'm new as of today. Hi. I have a problem with my yahoo email account. I can access the internet but when I go into my email, I get a msg saying that my server(firefox) cannot establish a connection to the server at ad.yieldmanager.com. I've talked with Yahoo help and all their instructions don't work. My isp says it's not from them. I can read my mail but I can't forward or send anything out. What can I do to rectify the situation? My info is: windows xp service pack 2;CPU: Gateway Pentium (R) 4cpu; 2.80GHz; 2.79GHz; 512MB of RAM; CA Security--Anti-virus, anti-spyware, Personal firewall, anti-spam; modem---Intel(R) 537E data fax modem

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Simple idea I know , but , have you tried yo connect with IE 7 ???

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be that your security software is blocking something, as that is an ad-server you are having problems with. Some security suites block ads and cause problems like this, so try disabling it for a few seconds and then try to send and see if it works. If it does, you can enable things one by one :)

Reaction score
RR in SC

ABARBARIAN, I tried that (IE 7) and it does not do the trick either. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Reaction score
CA Security Suite

This is the ssecurity suite i'm using and I can't find a way to close it. Do anybody know how to close this suite so I can see if this is my problem? I can't see anyplace for it short of uninstalling it. I installed it because I was having problems with my cpu running. These things are the devil's tool.

Reaction score
lrick_13 said:
This is the ssecurity suite i'm using and I can't find a way to close it. Do anybody know how to close this suite so I can see if this is my problem? I can't see anyplace for it short of uninstalling it. I installed it because I was having problems with my cpu running. These things are the devil's tool.
I am not familiar with CA Security Suite but most security suites have modifiable black and white lists. The problem here is that the blocked site is an ad-server which places a tracking cookie on your machine. CA security suite is likely to be stopping that behaviour; why this should prevent you accessing Yahoo webmail I don't know. I had a look at the CA website support and the following quote, although not precisely the same problem, may be relevant:

http://crm.my-etrust.com/CIDocument...eturn=0&GUID=8DD6EE0E7A1848C5A05578E9C402233E

Games on websites sometime use Macromedia Flash Technology. This is considered an “Animated Ad” and can be blocked by Firewall. To enable your games to work normally, open the Firewall, click on the privacy tab and do one of the following:

Click on manage sites and add the site that you are having trouble with (www.yourgamingsite.com) to the list and make sure you do not intentionally select the box for “block animated ads”

OR

Click the “Advanced…” button on the “Ad/Pop-up Blocker” section and select the “Ad/Pop-up Control” tab and then deselect “Animated Ads”.

Reaction score
I just want to say thank you for all the help in fixing my email problem. I've found the solution. It was a simple one. I needed to add my OS to the spyware program so that it would allow the ad.yieldmanager.com to load properly. It seems to be working fine. Again thanks for the responses.

Ask a Question