XPE SP1 Upgrade

G

I have the XP Embedded SP1 but I wish to ensure I have SP2 and all the latest
updates installed.

I have formatted my PC and before I reinstall everything, I would like to
know what my options are?

Please could somebody advise me how to upgrade my installation.

Thanks

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Skylark,

XP Embedded is system closed by manufacturer that created it. You should contact manufacturer that created your device or that
provided XP Embedded for that device. Without the integrated support added to XPe SP1 image for update to SP2 there is nothing that
you can do.

Now one question for you: Are you sure that you have "Windows XP Embedded" OS?
If you have Embedded "Windows XP Home/Pro" on your computer by someone who sold you computer then this is wrong NG.

Regards,
Slobodan

G

Slobodan

Sorry if I was confusing, I definately have XP Embedded, I am using Target
Designer but it is SP1. I want to know how to make this installation into XP
Embedded SP2 so I can develope run times with the latest patches. Are there
any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks

S

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Skylark,

Sorry I thought that you want to change existing image on your target device.
Ok first you need to obtain XPe SP2 update. You can get it from OEM site or also I think by ordering it from distributor.
All other updates (QFE's) you need to download from MS site and to install them to your DB after you install SP2.

If you are creating new project from scratch then there are no issues that you should be aware of. If you are updating your existing
project and have fixed image size constraint then you will need to take extra precausions.

Please if you have problems with upgrade let us know here and also use google groups for searchign this NG for questions that you
might have:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded

Regards,
Slobodan

Ask a Question