XP user folders 2 versions of same file

Greg

XP Home. I am the sole user of my alienware area 51 notebook. Of course
there are several user profiles in windows explorer.
Administrator,All users, Greg Bean, (thats me), and Greg Bean. Hal9000.
Hal9000 is the name I gave the machine. All the files I create, save,
update. are in the hal9000 profile. sometimes I find a file thats not
updated because it was opened from the "Greg Bean" profile of that my docs
folder.

question: why do I have to have 2 versions of the same file. in 2 differant
my document folders? I just want one to avoid confusion. Im the only user of
this machine.
Is there some way to "safely" remove the "Greg Bean" folder in docs and
settings and just keep the "Greg Bean.Hal9000" profile?.

Greg

Rock

XP Home. I am the sole user of my alienware area 51 notebook. Of course
there are several user profiles in windows explorer.
Administrator,All users, Greg Bean, (thats me), and Greg Bean. Hal9000.
Hal9000 is the name I gave the machine. All the files I create, save,
update. are in the hal9000 profile. sometimes I find a file thats not
updated because it was opened from the "Greg Bean" profile of that my docs
folder.

question: why do I have to have 2 versions of the same file. in 2
differant my document folders? I just want one to avoid confusion. Im the
only user of this machine.
Is there some way to "safely" remove the "Greg Bean" folder in docs and
settings and just keep the "Greg Bean.Hal9000" profile?.

Greg

To remove the Greg Bean folder you'll need to delete the entire Greg Bean
Account. Log into an account with administrator privileges other than Greg
Bean. Go to Control Panel | User accounts and delete it.

What program are you changing files in? Why not go to the options for that
program and point it's default for files to the folder you want?

Rock

I looked in user accounts and theres only 2. "Greg Bean" and "Guest". the
Guest account is turned off.
I dont know if the "Greg Bean" account is associated with documents and
settings "Greg BeanHal9000". or just the "Greg Bean" profile.

Greg BeanHal900 is the folder that I save all my files.
"Rock" wrote in message

From Start | Run type in two different items.
First:
control userpasswords2 (click ok)

What accounts are shown there?

Second (from Start | Run
lusrmgr.msc (click ok)

Same thing, what accounts?

Greg

I thank you for the reply. I didnt think it would be that easy but I will
look at your solution.
Im using many programs.

Greg

Greg

I looked in user accounts and theres only 2. "Greg Bean" and "Guest". the
Guest account is turned off.
I dont know if the "Greg Bean" account is associated with documents and
settings "Greg BeanHal9000". or just the "Greg Bean" profile.

Greg BeanHal900 is the folder that I save all my files.

Greg

Greg

Controluserpasswords2 shows "administrator" and "Greg Bean". lusrmgr.msc
just shows "local users and groups" and some other stuff on the right pane
like "this snapin may not be used with this version of windows".

weird!

thanks for your help again. I apreciate your time and effort.

Greg