Xp update error 0xD0000006

Hi
when trying to update widows for the last couple of moths been getting this
error msg every time I try to up date
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP
5.1 (KB842773)

Both failed

Help please

Justin

zombie

Justin Webster Justin (e-mail address removed), wrote in message
(e-mail address removed):
Hi
when trying to update widows for the last couple of moths been
getting this error msg every time I try to up date
Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and
WinHTTP
5.1 (KB842773)

Both failed

Help please

Justin

Check the firewall settings.

Set 'Automatic Updates' to 'Notify' only.

Try a different browser. Check pop-up settings.

--
zombie computers.Inc
zombie computers.Pty.Ltd

Got the same error multiple times due to bad disk sectors. Success,
finally..... Downloaded and installed latest updates. I saw another thread
where someone finally resolved their problem by running (or scheduled chkdsk
c: /r) to run a second time by booting in Windows Safe mode and going to the
command prompt. Two additional bad sectors were found and cleaned up.
(Before I ran chkdsk by booting in Safe command line mode.) Hope this helps.