XP System Looses Connection TO Advanced Server Everytime It is Rebooted

Mignonne

I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server Computer which
houses a few programs and has a local printer attached ..
a HP LasterJet Printer. 15 computers have access to this
server. 8 of the computers networked to this server that
are running Windows 98 SE and the rest on Windows XP
Home. This one computer in particular is networked to
this server as well. When I set it up .. I went to
Network Places and clicked on the computer ... it asked
for a user name and password to attach to the windows 200
advanced server box. I supplied the user name and
password and it attached and the printer now works. But
everytime I reboot the one XP box, I have to go to
network places and attach to the avanced server box by
typing in username and password. WHat can I do to fix
this. This happens on two of the XP computers but the
other 5 XP boxes do not do this. HOW can i fix this
problem?

Aagain, my problem is this. Everytime I reboot this
Windows XP system, I loose connection to the Windows 2000
Server machine and have to go into network places
reconnect to it by re-entering username and password. I
used to not do this. Its driving me nuts. Does anyone
know how I can fix this problem.

David Morgan

Does the same thing happen if you logoff and then logon again? Or does it
"only" happen after a reboot?

If logoff will break it are you logging on with the same account that
originally set up the persistent connection?

You said "I went to Network Places and clicked on the computer". Were you
intending to attach to the printer or map a network path?

Check your network connections immediately after logon and see if they're
functioning fully. See if there is any delay. For example could the network
not be up when the map occurs?

Also delete and recreate this users account on the Home machine. Clear any
possible account config issues that might impact the map.

David Morgan
Microsoft Corp.

| From: "Mignonne" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Mignonne" <[email protected]>