XP networking

Sharkman

Probably not the correct newgroup for this but possibly someone can help or
point me in the right direction.
I just connected a second PC to my router and am trying to get it to
recognize the PC that already exists. The one that already exists can see
the new one but the new one cant find the existing one.
Any help would be appreciated.
sharkman

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Make sure:

- they are using the same workgroup name
- the firewall is shut off if it is pre-SP2 (but make sure the router will
protect you first)
- the new one has shared folders set

More help on networking
http://www.practicallynetworked.com