XP list permissions settings?

Bruce Chastain

I've figured out how to create groups and userid, and set file permissions
for those users and groups.

So that I can be sure in the future I haven't missed setting important
permissions, is there a way in XP to get a detailed report of what users can
or can not access? Something that would enumerate the directory paths and
whether a particular userid or group has access to that path?

Otherwise, a year from now, I see holes developing in my scheme just because
it's so much effort to check all the directories and subdirectors one at a
time.

Thanks,
Bruce.

Carrie Garth

Bruce Chastain said:
wrote in message <SNIP> is there a way in XP to get a detailed report of what users can or can not
access? Something that would enumerate the directory paths and
whether a particular userid or group has access to that path? <SNIP>

Quoted from Sysinternals:

"AccessEnum v1.2
This simple yet powerful security tool shows you who has what access to directories,
files and Registry keys on your systems. Use it to find holes in your permissions."

For more information see:
Sysinternals Freeware - Utilities for Windows NT and Windows 2000 - AccessEnum
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/accessenum.shtml

Bruce Chastain

Quoted from Sysinternals:
"AccessEnum v1.2
This simple yet powerful security tool shows you who has what access to directories,
files and Registry keys on your systems. Use it to find holes in your
permissions."

Excellent. Thanks very much!

Bruce.