XP Installation

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't been on for a while but wondering whether you could help with this problem -

My friend wanted to reinstall windows, he took everything off the system and tried to format the harddrive. I wasn't involved with any of this.

We've now put in the XP CD and tried to format but error come up about copying files from the XP CD...

problems such as - cannot copy file
tosdvd.sys
tsbrcap.sys
tsbyuv.dll
usbcamd.sys
usbcamd2.sys
vdmindvd.sys
...and a lot more files.

I was wondering what this meant, what is going wrong? Is there a problem with the hardware?

I know very little about computers and only just about m anaged to build my own. Sorry if it's all a little vague, i hope you can make some sense.

Any help much appreciated :)

Rufus

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Possible Bad ... memory, CD drive, CD, HD and ... something or other.

PC Spec?

;)

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
I could try and get a full spec for you guys...

it eventually came up with a final error message - basically that something was wrong with either hardware or software, seeing as there's no software on there i presume it's the hardware.

Would I need to test everything? - which I don't think I can do

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yup ... sorry to say Ruff

So why did the PC need a re-format ... problems anyway? If so, try and find out what problems he was having to start with.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Based on the errors, a possibilty exists that the hard drive is not fomatted correctly. Best bet is to use a disk utility provided from the manufacturer and erase all existing partitions, full format and then setup hard drive correctly. I encounter similar problems you described when the hard drive is not correctly set up prior to installing. Also check jumper setting on back of hard drive and ensure it is 'master' and connected to primary on main IDE board prior to the above being done.

Ask a Question