Windows XP XP Home The system cannot log you on as domain ..... is not available.

Reaction score
The system cannot log you on as domain ..... is not available.

I get this message when trying to logon since I've installed (and (tried to) restart after installation) the program Search and Recover.

So I cannot access Windows (XP, Home Edition) anymore. I tried the various possibilities in F8 when starting up, but all in vain.

Apparently when logging on, the logon program tries to get access to a "domain" (with the same name as my (local) computer, instead of my local computer.

I searched on the various Microsoft sites, found out that there must be some corrupted system files like netman.dll and/or netshell.dll or other networking related system files.

MS says to run the Recovery Console and then run sfc /scannow, However this is no available. Instead I run CHKDSK, but without results.

So I'm a bit out of possibilities, other than re-installing Windows XP and so losing a lot of options/programs/information.

However I wonder: is n't there another possibility, such as replacing or amending the corrupted programs (how to find/pin point them?) or Windows Registry, using the Recovery Console (as I have no access to Windows).

Who can help me out of this problem.........??

Thanks!!!

Jan Duine/The Netherlands

Ask a Question