Excel XP dual Excel install

Reaction score
I have a PC with Office Home & Student 2010 installed on XP..

Excel 2010 opens up okay...however when I attempt to open an old (2003) piece of software which requires Excel to function, I get a message to say that I do not have Excel installed on my computer.

Is it possible to install an old version of Excel to another folder so that I can get around the problem with the 2010 Excel version not being compatible with my old software?:confused:

Reaction score
Hi...Ewan, my problem is rather a backward compatibility problem.i.e.my old application fails to recognise MS Excel 2010

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi...Ewan, my problem is rather a backward compatibility problem.i.e.my old application fails to recognise MS Excel 2010

If you use the link I posted you will have no problem and will recognise all forms of MS Office

Reaction score
Hi Evan,

I don't have an issue with Office 2010 normally...my problem is that I have a digital door lock programme which utilises MS Excel vintage 2000.

From other replies on the net, the issue with Excel 2010 is that it uses a different file structure to the pre 2007 Excel versions....and this is my problem which shows up as the MS message telling me that I don't have Excel loaded.

One possible solution may be to load an early version of Excel into a separate folder.

Ask a Question