xp cd

G

hi all, first time poster here so be gentle :)
I just purchased 2 new windows xp pro and office 2003 cd's from the college i work at, will i be able to use these to upgrade my pc and laptop? they are full versions but they say not for retail or eom distribution and on the cd sleeves below the product key it says unlicensed software-illegal with out seperate license from microsoft. should these work?

R

Rich Barry

Give them a try. See what happens.
okie11 said:
I just purchased 2 new windows xp pro and office 2003 cd's from the
college i work at, will i be able to use these to upgrade my pc and laptop?
they are full versions but they say not for retail or eom distribution and
on the cd sleeves below the product key it says unlicensed software-illegal
with out seperate license from microsoft. should these work?

T

Tim Slattery

okie11 said:
I just purchased 2 new windows xp pro and office 2003 cd's from the college i work at, will i be able to use these to upgrade my pc and laptop? they are full versions but they say not for retail or eom distribution and on the cd sleeves below the product key it says unlicensed software-illegal with out seperate license from microsoft. should these work?

A Windows XP OEM disk will not upgrade an existing system.

A

Alex Nichol

okie11 said:
I just purchased 2 new windows xp pro and office 2003 cd's from the college i work at, will i be able to use these to upgrade my pc and laptop? they are full versions but they say not for retail or eom distribution and on the cd sleeves below the product key it says unlicensed software-illegal with out seperate license from microsoft.

Your college should have taken care of the license side under their
agreement with Microsoft to distribute under academic license. What
*you* cannot do is sell them on to someone else. As Full versions they
should do an upgrade - run the CD from the existing system, take Install
and continue with Upgrade

Ask a Question