XL window locks when working in VBE

salgud

Since my system was upgraded to WinXP and XL 11.5612.5606, I've been having
a problem with the XL window when working with the VBE. Usually after I've
had them both open for a while, the XL window locks, and won't come to the
front when I click on it. If I minimize it and restore it, the frame of the
XL window restores, but inside the window remains showing the desktop. No
cells or menus or toolbars! I have to close XL and reopen it to get rid of
this problem. I'm currently shutting down a few apps that run continuously
that might cause the problem, like my launcher and my notetaker to see if
they are part of the problem (longshot). Has anyone else seen a similar
problem? Anyone know a solution?
Thanks in advance.

Gary Keramidas

sounds like you may have application.screenupdating set to false and it never
reset.

next time it happens, type application.screenupdating = true in the immediate
window and press enter. then see if the window is responsive.

Jim Cone

Something that may provide clues is to check the Windows Task Manager...
Is there more than one instance of Excel running? (processes tab)
Do you have sufficient memory available? (performance tab)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"salgud" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the reply, Gary, but not at all consistent with the symptoms
I've described.

salgud

Something that may provide clues is to check the Windows Task Manager...
Is there more than one instance of Excel running? (processes tab)
Do you have sufficient memory available? (performance tab)

Thanks for the reply, Jim. Have checked both of these - only one instance
running and gobs of memory available. Any other suggestions?