xfburn install a milestone for me.

Reaction score
Wohay**##** I have just used command line for the first time very proud I am:lol::fool::nod: I wanted a good CD burning program and the only way to download Xfburn was to use the command line:thumb::thumb::thumb::user::user::user:

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
Well done. It's a nice way of getting things done once you get used to it.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Wohay**##** I have just used command line for the first time very proud I am:lol::fool::nod: I wanted a good CD burning program and the only way to download Xfburn was to use the command line:thumb::thumb::thumb::user::user::user:

:dance::dance::thumb::cheers:

Now you have taken that first step grasshopper here is a nice safe toy to play with which may come in useful at some time too.

Tip... when they mention "print" they are talking about outputting information to the terminal screen not actually printing.

There are quite a few gui tools like hardinfo, sysinfo etc on the desktop, but having a generic command line tool is far more useful and this is where Inxi works well. Inxi is a set of scripts that will detect a whole lot of information about the hardware, including vendor details, device driver configuration etc. And most importantly, it will print everything in a easy to read format.

Inxi is an amazing tool to check hardware information on Linux

Core

noot, noot
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I grew up with C-64 BASIC and DOS and batch files, but there's something really cool about being able to create scripts for quickly doing tasks and then adding them into the system menu.

Reaction score

Ask a Question