Bargain Xbox 360 @ Play.com

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey Yall,

My mate put me onto this earlier;

XBox 360 Premium, 60Gb HDD, with Fallout 3, Gears of War 2 & PES 2009.

£179.99 Free Delivery

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4...-Of-War-2-+-Fallout-3-+-PES-2009/Product.html

Barrrrgaaaaain.

Just to compare;

Xbox 360 Core £129.99
Xbox 360 Premium £169.99
Xbox 360 Elite £219.99

EDIT: 06/01/2009 As you can see the robbing (swear words) have upped the price and claim that they do not have stock at the cheaper price, booooooo you Sirs.

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah i know, but you got to admit, thats gonna cost £400 with a PS3, is a much better deal if you ain't got £400 to splash.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Yeah i know, but you got to admit, thats gonna cost £400 with a PS3, is a much better deal if you ain't got £400 to splash.

True, true, you have a point.

Only advantage of X-Box as far as I can see is cheaper bucks and Gears Of War 2.

PS3 - keyboard, mouse, network, blue-ray. Luvverly :)

Reaction score
Nothing comes close to Gears of War 2, buy it for that experience only.

Amazing deal, go for it.

Reaction score
Personal preference imo Floppy

Great deal though!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Personal preference imo Floppy

Great deal though!

Yeah, others might remember from a thread PSD99 started, i have a PS3 and love it, i HAD a XBox 360 when they launched and it broke, got repaired then sold it, i then got a RROD 360 from a mate for free, sort of repaired it.

But although i love my PS3, i've ordered one, i mean £180 with the 60Gb HDD and 3 top games, my Bro has Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2 (loved the first one, although it was too short) so those two get taken to GAME and swapped for COD WAW. Also i prefer PES to FIFA.

Really is an absolute bargain.

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That was a very notorious thread okay I won't get into the ps3 vs xbox debate again. :)

This is a good deal but I would buy a console 2nd hand. This is a decent time of year people might have got xbox for xmas but decide they don't want it. I got my xbox 2nd hand and a really decent deal.

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That was a very notorious thread okay I won't get into the ps3 vs xbox debate again. :)

You're right.

I was being mischievous :D

My lips are sealed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is a very good deal indeed - Fallout 3 is a fantastic game (played it on the PC). Also played GOW2 for the first time at a friends house over Christmas, and I love it - it's almost enough to make me want to get an xbox!

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:

PC World are selling PS 3 bundles from £289 - £330....And if PC World are selling them at that sort of price i'm sure with a bit of looking around you'd get it cheaper somewhere...;

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I just got a 60GB Xbox 360 with extra controller and Indiana Jones Lego/Kung Fu Panda... for £169 from Gamestation....got Tomb Raider Legend and COD4 Modern Warfare for £20 and am well impressed especially on my new 42" TV lol lol

Reaction score
Rush said:
I just got a 60GB Xbox 360 with extra controller and Indiana Jones Lego/Kung Fu Panda... for £169 from Gamestation....got Tomb Raider Legend and COD4 Modern Warfare for £20 and am well impressed especially on my new 42" TV lol lol

nice one all of them games are ace

call of duty is the best game to play online
tomb raider is brilliant I am hooked

Indiana Jones is funny and kung fu panda was enjoyable

are you on live yet mate? If so add me up :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By psd99
are you on live yet mate? If so add me up :)

not yet m8, waiting for funds for the wi-fi (microsoft version rip-off variety) as am not having wires trailing across the lounge as my life aint worth it :p .

Oh forgot to say i have Quake 4 as well

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Rush said:
By psd99

not yet m8, waiting for funds for the wi-fi (microsoft version rip-off variety) as am not having wires trailing across the lounge as my life aint worth it :p .

Oh forgot to say i have Quake 4 as well

You could get a 10M ethernet cable anj just pin down the skirting board, mines white and you can hardly see it.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Waynos_Face

You could get a 10M ethernet cable anj just pin down the skirting board, mines white and you can hardly see it.

lol lol..you must be kidding m8 , not a chance ...Thanks for the advice but i may as well pack my case if i do that :p

Reaction score
Rush tell me about the encryption you use at home is it WEP by any chance?

The reason I say it cuz I got these wireless adapter that would work on your xbox it is a Linksys one.
It only supports WEP though...

Anyway I am with Waynos on this and if you change your mind and want a cable let me know :)

p.s quake 4 is one of the worse games I have played in my life it was awful.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well i checked my email for a dispatch notice and none, go on the Play site and it says order taken but awaiting stock, check the missus online banking and they haven't taken the payment yet???

Two people have left reviews on play so obviosly they got theirs, am i gonna get mine???

The same deal is still there but instead of being £179 its now £228, will phone em in the morning, but i hope it arrives.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By psd99

The reason I say it cuz I got these wireless adapter that would work on your xbox it is a Linksys one.
It only supports WEP though...

Anyway I am with Waynos on this and if you change your mind and want a cable let me know :)

p.s quake 4 is one of the worse games I have played in my life it was awful.

I`m not sure about the encryption as a currently run a fon router, i will check when i get home. I have a Linksy router GL50 ?? i think and a 300N one ..

Cabling sorry is right out of the question :)

oh as for Quake 4 have not tried it yet

Will get back to you as i say later
happywave.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hahahaha what a rip off,

Phoned Play just and they said they are waiting for stock but it could be 2 weeks!!!

I pointed out that they have the same bundle for sale but for an extra £49 now, the guy said that it comes from different suppliers so i can't have that bundle which is exactly the same for the same price.

Have cancelled my order and my Play account.

If they make a mistake in the listing price which they clearly did then they should honour that, *$&%&^&$* crooks.

That £49 has now cost them about £500 of my girlfiends business as she uses play alot, espcially for presents.

Ask a Question