x-axis labels on a pivot chart

tykeinburton

I have a chart based on a pivot table that uses two measures on the
x-axis, however when I try to align x-axis labels to show vertically it
only aligns the first measures label, leaving the 2nd label still on
the horizontal.

Is there any way of re-aligning the label for the 2nd measure?

Thanks

Martin.

Jim Cone

Martin,

I confess, I have very little experience with charts based upon a
pivot table. However, you should be able to manually change the
position of a data label... by first selecting the label, then clicking it again.
That selects a single label and you can drag it to a new position.

I have a free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" that aligns/positions labels,
and allows you to use text (including cell and text formatting)
from cells on a worksheet. You might want to experiment with it.
Can be downloaded here...

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA