WXP Setup-Installation Files

G

Hello
I didn't get one bite on my second question about XP HAL, a P4 with HT, and the relationship of the three with the Intel 875P Chipset INF files. So, I will try a more basic question. Thanks to R.McCarty for his help on Q #1 however. It was a workable step forward..

Question #2 seems to be this: I want to alter the XP installation and setup files that are copied to the C:\drive during a clean install by the MS WXP CD. To do this, I have copied my MS WXP CD files to a hard disk and altered a few entries in one file: TXTSETUP.SIF

What I want is to accomplish is ensuring that a specific .dll file is loaded into the temporary install/setup directory WXP creates on a clean C:\ install.
The temporay directory created by WXP CD is named $win_nt$.~bt
The file I am attempting to place in the directory above is halmacpi.dl_

Obviously, there are other install/setup files I must edit to get this done
I have looked at LAYOUT. INF from the WXP CD folder \i386 but it is not immediately understandable to me.
Can anyone tell me what the file(s) might be that will allow me to alter the XP setup/installation and that wil
place the file noted above into the WXP temporary setup/installation directory? All help will be appreciated

thank you...

(e-mail address removed)

G

RE: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/co...crosoft.public.windowsxp.general&lang=en&cr=U

the way the MS MVPs are avoiding this simple question must mean I am asking for a product secret....
On the contrary. I only want XP to load setup files that will ensure that halmacpi.dl_ is included in the temp setup directory. WHy it is not is a mystery to me. IT IS the dll for HAL ACPIAPIC MP is it not. ANd WHY is the TXTSETUP.sif file in error on the XP CD. Go to the HAL section of this file and you will see that for ACPI UP AND ACPI MS the same file, halaacpi is listed
How can this be correct? MS KB clearly indicates specific HAL.dll files for EACH HAL available under XP. So please don't tell me it doesn't matter. I paid to much for this software, and I know it is a complex system that if Setup and Maintained properly is a powerful OS system. Perhaps MS's best to date. HOW about some help here folks.

(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question