wrong data is often displayed in report???

Eric

I have a most strange problem with my report.
The main report is based on a query that consists of
several tables. The subreport is based on 1 table that
list the calculated results of prorated charges.
I'm not going to go into too much details but this is the
situation:

When scrolling thru the report often wrong data (record)
is displayed in the page header of the report. When
moving the fields to the detail section of the report
then the data on all pages in the report are showing the
correct data. I have NEVER encountered this before.
Does anyone has any idea what might be wrong with the
report. By the way the underlying queries are displaying
the correct information. TIA.

Allen Browne

Which record is current at the time the Page Header/Footer sections are
formatted is undefined.

In a simple report, you are likely to get the desired results, but if you
have things like:
- code affecting Detail_Format, or
- runtime properties being set (MoveLayout, PrintSection, etc), or
- sections that CanGrow/CanShrink, or
- other properties such as KeepTogether or ForceNewPage
you may find that Access is advancing and retreating records to calculate
what will/will not fit on a page. The interactions of these different aspect
can get quite involved, and so the record that is actually present when Page
Header/Footer sections are formatted may not match what you expect.

One way around this is to use a Group Header instead of a Page Header. Set
the RepeatSection property of the Group Header to Yes, and it turns up at
the top of each page like a page header.

Eric

I would like to thank you for the reply you gave me.
It was indeed the group header, I created an additional
group header and the report is fine now.
Again many, many thanks for your help, I really appreciate
this!!
Best regards...

Eric.

Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Allen,

I've seen this solution - set Repeat section of a group header to true, and use the group header instead of a page header. This works great, until the end of the section, where on the new section, I get both a header for the previous section gone by, AND a new header for the next section beginning now.

If I can just find a simple way to supress that last group header for the section..

I'm a big fan Allen, I implement your solutions in ALL my databases.
"Help me Allen-Wan-Kenobi, You're my only hope!"

-BrianDP

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

news:[email protected]...