http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=72&pgno=3

Apparently it worked well .

laughingsmiley.gif

An you thought I was a bodger .

laughingsmiley.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hey I don't call that bodging, I call that using your noddle and saving yourself £30 to 40 quid what you would have spent on a zalman or whatever..

Myself I don't overclock can't see the point if I want an extra mhz from something I just buy the next one up, and stay within my warranty..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Your right . Its not bodging its super bodging .
WD-40, sandpaper, tapping holes with the screws
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It sure does take up some space! Not sure if I'd do they myself for an extra 15Mhz overclock :eek:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I need to do something with my graphics card :(
Overheating problems when left on 24/7 in the summer. Screen goes garbled and I can barely see what I'm doing to restart Windows. Especially happens when playing games (I haven't played games since the summer!) The tiny heatsink gets RED HOT and so does that whole area of the case (despite having a case fan practically right next to it.)

I wouldn't mind if it was a vaguely good card but it's only a ATI Radeon X550! Struggles to get a good framerate in GRAW - everything has to be turned off.

Maybe I'll try fitting a bigger HSF but the one in those pics is WAY to close to the surface mount components in my opinion...

(In the article) "Without using any thermometer, I judged the thermal dissipation by touching the back of the GPU. With the stock cooler, I could only touch the card for about two seconds. But with the huge cooler installed, the back of the GPU was only warm to touch!"

Touching my GPU heatsink at all when playing games burns my fingers lol...

Ask a Question