Workstation receiving GPO but not applying it!!

G

Applied security template to GPO and seems to work fine on my workstation, policies are applied, but doesn't appear to work anywhere else?!! Ran gpresult it's indicating that the GPO is migrating down to the workstations(authenticated users) but it does not seem to be applying the policy, i.e., I have a message text for users prior to login that does not run

Curiously enough I set DENY on the Apply Policy permission for Administrators and my IT group but we're still receiving the policy and it's working???!!

Any ideas why it's working where it shouldn't and not working where it should

S

Steven L Umbach

Try defining both a title and text. Security templates are computer policy and apply
to computers - not users. So the fact that you have deny permissions for "users" will
not make any difference. View the "effective" settings in Local Security Policy to
see if local policy is being overridden by your GPO and if it was applied to an OU,
the computers must reside in the OU or possibly a sub OU of it. --- Steve

Bill said:
Applied security template to GPO and seems to work fine on my workstation, policies
are applied, but doesn't appear to work anywhere else?!! Ran gpresult it's
indicating that the GPO is migrating down to the workstations(authenticated users)
but it does not seem to be applying the policy, i.e., I have a message text for users
prior to login that does not run.
Curiously enough I set DENY on the Apply Policy permission for Administrators and
my IT group but we're still receiving the policy and it's working???!!!

Ask a Question