Working with pictures

Assume that i have a 2 slide presentation which contains 2 different
pictures. I also want the picture on slide 1 to appear on slide 2 as a
miniature ...
Slide 1 must contain enlarged pict1, slide 2 must contain a miniature pict 1
in the top right corner and an enlarged pict2.

How do i do it?...

My boss is behind me, pls help.

Ute Simon

Assume that i have a 2 slide presentation which contains 2 different
pictures. I also want the picture on slide 1 to appear on slide 2 as a
miniature ...
Slide 1 must contain enlarged pict1, slide 2 must contain a miniature pict 1
in the top right corner and an enlarged pict2.

Just copy the picture 1 to slide 2, grab one of the corners and resize it.

Or did you look for an automatic solution? There is none in PowerPoint,
unless you write a macro yourself.

Kind regards,
Ute

David M. Marcovitz

What Ute said and ...

Note that it is better to copy and paste the picture from the first slide
to the second and resize it (as Ute suggested), not to insert it again.
PowerPoint is smart (in this instance, not in general) and only has to
keep one copy of the picture, so the file won't get appreciably larger if
you copy and paste the same picture.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP

Echo S

Actually, I believe that if you insert the exact same image again, PPT's
smart enough to know that and doesn't increase the size appreciably.

Just tried a quick experiment here with a 522kb PNG in PPT 2003.

1 blank ppt slide -- Insert/Picture/From File. File size is 561kb

2 blank ppt slides -- Insert/Picture/From File and then copy/paste that to
the other slide. File size is 561kb

2 blank ppt slides -- Insert/Picture/From File and Insert/Picture/From File.
File size is 561kb

Brian Reilly, MS MVP

David, PPT has managed multiple copies of same picture as a single
instance for as long as most of us can remember (maybe Steve
excepted). Unfortunately they don't give us VBA access to that same
stuff they see so we could deal with that. But PPT still gets it like
it almost always has.

Brian Reilly, PowerPoint MVP

Kathy Manifold

The easiest way is to click on the slide one picture to bring up the small
circles around the edge of the picture, then with the curser on the picture,
right click on the mouse. This will bring up a dialogue box that will give
you the option to copy, click copy and then move to slide two, click on side
to, right click on the mouse again and use the paste option. The picture
will be the same size as on slide one. To reduce the picture, click on the
picture to show the circles around the edge of the picture. Place the cursor
on a corner circle and drag it to the centre this will reduce the size of
the picture. Left click on your mouse on the edge of the picture, until the
cursor become a cross and then move the picture to place where you want it
to be. Hope this helps

news:[email protected]...