Working with newsreader

Jay

Good morning,

I use Outlook Express to access email from the msnews.microsoft.com news
server for the windowsxp.general newsgroup. I'm starting to get the hang of
it, but I'm have yet a couple unresolved issues.

(1) In the status bar under the preview window, it says that there are
several thousand messages left to download. Is there any way to download so
many messages? Or, put another way. If I make a post and come back and check
it several days later and the the posts that other members have made in the
meantime take up all the space in my inbox, how do I go back and find my
message? I see that you can download the message right after you send it.
But I question whether you still receive the responses that other members
have made to your post AFTER YOU'VE DOWNLOADED IT.

(2) Though I would really appreciate your reply, does anyone know of a
website that has good and comprehensive information on how to work with OE
newsreader? I went to Microsoft's and I didn't find much.

Regards,

Jay

Ron Sommer

After you are subscribed to a newsgroup, Edit, Catchup.
Then, Tools, Options, Read tab, uncheck Get xx headers at a time.

Newsgroup messages do not use your Inbox.
If you post and know that you won't check for several days, mention that in
your post.

View, Current View, check Show replies to My messages.
Or View, Current View, check Show all messages. Click on the column header
of Subject or From. Scroll to your Subject or Name.

You can also find your message and Message, Watch Conversation. This will
change any replies to your message to Red.

Alan Edwards

Start with these:

Outlook Express Newsreader-Setting up
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/newsgroups/setup.asp