Workgroup Administrator

Kevin

Forgive me, i'm a bit of a novice, however following
installing Access2002, when trying to open a new database
i am given the error:
Workgroup Administrator couldn't create the workgroup
information file.
Follwed by couldn't find the system.mdw.
Have tried User & Group accounts from the Tools tab as
described in knowledge base but still no go.

Am Desperate Please help!

Kevin

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like you have an incorrect registry setting.

Try performing a Repair of the Office Installation. If that does not work
then perform the following:

- Uninstall Microsoft Office
- Delete the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
- Delete the registry keys (backup registry first) via Regedit
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office

- Reboot machine
- Reinstall Microsoft Office

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."