WordPerfect help

David Sherman

In WordPerfect, I can open upa document and then do a Ctrl-W which
opens up a dialog box of special characters. In windows Xp, it is the
Charater Map.

I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.

thanks

TF

Insert, Symbol.

However, I'm not familiar with WP and have no idea what the symbol is that
you are referring to. The symbol selection is governed by the font set that
you use: if the symbol is included with a particular font, the symbol will
be available.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
: 4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.
:
: thanks

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Character 4,16, "masculine Spanish ordinal," is part of the standard ASCII
(Latin-1) character set, ASCII 186 or Unicode 00BA, but it is a superscript
o, not a superscript 0 (much less 00). I don't think there is any such
character as the one you describe, unless perhaps it is the per mille sign,
glyph 2030, in the General Punctuation character subset.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

Try to use the ASCII CODES
press the ALT KEY and the corresponde ASCII CODE NUMBER.
In this case use: ALTKEY & 167 º

TF

Alt+0167 produces the Pilcro §.

Terry Farrell

: "David Sherman" wrote:
:
: > In WordPerfect, I can open upa document and then do a Ctrl-W which
: > opens up a dialog box of special characters. In windows Xp, it is the
: > Charater Map.
: >
: > I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
: > 4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.
: >
: > thanks
: >

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Alt+0167 is not a pilcrow (¶) but a section symbol.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

Whoops. Yes that's correct. I had the correct symbol but used wrong name!

Terry

: Alt+0167 is not a pilcrow (¶) but a section symbol.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Alt+0167 produces the Pilcro §.
: >
: > Terry Farrell
: >
: > : > : Try to use the ASCII CODES
: > : press the ALT KEY and the corresponde ASCII CODE NUMBER.
: > : In this case use: ALTKEY & 167 º
: > :
: > :
: > : "David Sherman" wrote:
: > :
: > : > In WordPerfect, I can open upa document and then do a Ctrl-W which
: > : > opens up a dialog box of special characters. In windows Xp, it is
the
: > : > Charater Map.
: > : >
: > : > I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item
of
: > : > 4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.
: > : >
: > : > thanks
: > : >
: >
: >
:

Amedee Van Gasse

Josie shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
Try to use the ASCII CODES
press the ALT KEY and the corresponde ASCII CODE NUMBER.
In this case use: ALTKEY & 167 º

ASCII stupid question,
get a stupid ANSI.

;-)