Word2003 and E-mail Merge

Jeff

I'm using an Access Database to merge about 600 e-mails.
When I go to "Merge to E-mail", I can send fine as plain
text, but everytime I try to send as HTML, nothing
happens. They normally populate my Outlook outbox, but
when I have HTML selected, it just goes back to the
document... no errors or messages... nothing.

I want to spruce up my e-mail lists... any help???

-Jeff
(e-mail address removed)

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Alexander, someone on the outlook-users list was asking today about putting
live hyperlinks (a different on in each message) in HTML messages merged
using Word. So far, I have only a code solution for that. Can your toolkit
handle that task? If so, you might want to drop into the list and respond.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Alexander Gorlach said:
Hi Jeff,

If you'll find no solution, you can try our Mail Merge Toolkit for
Office. You'll save all Office mail merge features and get a few new
possibilities.

Homepage: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/
Direct download: http://www.mapilab.com/files/mail_merge_toolkit.zip
Online tour: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/tour/tour1.html

Alexander Gorlach,
MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ins
http://www.mapilab.com/
Posted At: Thursday, July 29, 2004 6:41 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conversation: Word2003 and E-mail Merge
Subject: Word2003 and E-mail Merge

I'm using an Access Database to merge about 600 e-mails.
When I go to "Merge to E-mail", I can send fine as plain
text, but everytime I try to send as HTML, nothing
happens. They normally populate my Outlook outbox, but
when I have HTML selected, it just goes back to the
document... no errors or messages... nothing.

I want to spruce up my e-mail lists... any help???

-Jeff
(e-mail address removed)

Alexander Gorlach

Hi!

Yes, Mail Merge Toolkit convert __all__ text started with http:// to
hyperlink. But user may also ask about this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813673
WD2002: Hyperlink in Body of "Merge to E-mail" Message Merges as Plain
Text

This issue is fixed in Service Pack.

Alexander Gorlach,
MAPILab Ltd. -- Must have Outlook add-ins
http://www.mapilab.com/

Posted At: Thursday, July 29, 2004 6:41 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Conversation: Word2003 and E-mail Merge

I'm using an Access Database to merge about 600 e-mails.
When I go to "Merge to E-mail", I can send fine as plain
text, but everytime I try to send as HTML, nothing
happens. They normally populate my Outlook outbox, but
when I have HTML selected, it just goes back to the
document... no errors or messages... nothing.

I want to spruce up my e-mail lists... any help???

-Jeff
(e-mail address removed)

Jeff

Thanks, but that didn't work either. It's weird... plain
text works great, but as soon as I switch it to HTML...
nothing happens.

[...]

.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, as far as I can tell, that registry value (which I think is unnecessary
in OL2003 -- or the default is 1) only affects static hyperlinks, not
hyperlinks generated by merge fields.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of