Word Style Sheet conversion to HTML tags

G

I'm new to FrontPage and have a question regarding Cascading Style Sheets.

I use style sheets in Microsoft Word Documents that are subsequently dumped into Adobe InDesign. On the InDesign side these styles are also set up, so when the text gets dumped in it is reformatted for the desired outcome (font type, size, etc.)

If I use a CSS in FrontPage that has the same style as my Word style sheet, I get the desired outcome as far as look is concerned.

Here are my questions:

1. It doesn't appear that HTML tags get added when using the CSS this way. Will this affect the way it appears in some browsers?
2. Is there any way to quickly get HTML tags to replace the styles in Word that I've set up or does this have to be done manually?

Any help would be appreciated.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Yes - CSS is CSS no matter what tools you use
- except for MS Word which does generate custom MSO css styles,
(many of which are not cross browser compatible and are Print Media oriented - not screen related)

You can create a custom CSS and apply it to your pages in FP

Explain "It doesn't appear that HTML tags get added ..."
- the style sheet needs to contain styles for all html tags you want to apply style to

IMHO,
- don't develop your pages in Word if they are meant for the Web
- create you style sheets in FP or use a style sheet editor like Top Style

| I'm new to FrontPage and have a question regarding Cascading Style Sheets.
|
| I use style sheets in Microsoft Word Documents that are subsequently dumped into Adobe InDesign. On the InDesign side these styles
are also set up, so when the text gets dumped in it is reformatted for the desired outcome (font type, size, etc.)
|
| If I use a CSS in FrontPage that has the same style as my Word style sheet, I get the desired outcome as far as look is concerned.
|
| Here are my questions:
|
| 1. It doesn't appear that HTML tags get added when using the CSS this way. Will this affect the way it appears in some browsers?
| 2. Is there any way to quickly get HTML tags to replace the styles in Word that I've set up or does this have to be done manually?
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|

Ask a Question