word processor, word perfect

G

Not sure I am in the right place but......I just purchased a new computer with XP. Prior had ME and 95. I use Word Perfect 7 and have old docs saved on CD in Word Perfect. I want to be able to use Word Perfect going forward and to access my old documents on my new computer. I installed the old Word Perfect 7 on my new computer but it is not compatible with XP apparently. I tried the Compatibility wizard but it did not help. I still cannot access my old documents. Is there a fix for this. Do I have to purchase an upgraded Word Perfect software? If I do, will it be able to access my older Word Perfect documents? I have not been able to reach Corel Word Perfect personnel since they appear to close on the weekends. Thank you.

S

Sharon F

Not sure I am in the right place but......I just purchased a new computer with XP. Prior had ME and 95. I use Word Perfect 7 and have old docs saved on CD in Word Perfect. I want to be able to use Word Perfect going forward and to access my old documents on my new computer. I installed the old Word Perfect 7 on my new computer but it is not compatible with XP apparently. I tried the Compatibility wizard but it did not help. I still cannot access my old documents. Is there a fix for this. Do I have to purchase an upgraded Word Perfect software? If I do, will it be able to access my older Word Perfect documents? I have not been able to reach Corel Word Perfect personnel since they appear to close on the weekends. Thank you.

This is a long link - sorry - but it goes to a document at Corel's online
support area that is a list of Corel products that work in XP:
http://support.corel.com/scripts/ri...in=&p_li=&p_faqid=753976&p_created=1070476417

There are links at the bottom of the document - specifically one titled:
"where can i find support for older products" - that you may want to check
out.

Corel also has their own news server where you might be able to get some
help from other users about this:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Support/newsgroups&id=1044287290205

Ask a Question