Word->HTML w/o XML markup?

Barbara White

Using Word XP on Windows XP.

Is there a way to get .html markup from a Word file without all of
the XML language? I like the way doc->html worked in Office 97. When
Office 2000 came out, they changed things and now what could be
simple HTML output is cluttered with tons of XML. Is there a way to
save a file w/o the XML markup?

Barbara White said:
Using Word XP on Windows XP.

Is there a way to get .html markup from a Word file without all of
the XML language? I like the way doc->html worked in Office 97. When
Office 2000 came out, they changed things and now what could be
simple HTML output is cluttered with tons of XML. Is there a way to
save a file w/o the XML markup?
No. It's time to buy the right tool for the job. I suggest FrontPage. If you
do make the transition, before you copy and paste from you work that exists
in Word, paste into Notepad first to clear all formatting. Then copy from
Notepad to FrontPage.

lostinspace